Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on oven repairs?

Any advice on oven repairs?

The oven is a little bit short, though hopefully not completely forked yet. I fear this may be seen by my GLF as absolute and final proof of requiring a whole new kitchen, the inconvenience of which is not appealing.

Presumably there are folk who repair ovens. And presumably finding a fair and reasonable one amongst all the Aaaadvark Oven Repairs sharks is quite a challenge.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The oven is a little bit short, though hopefully not completely forked yet. I fear this may be seen by my GLF as absolute and final proof of requiring a whole new kitchen, the inconvenience of which is not appealing.

Presumably there are folk who repair ovens. And presumably finding a fair and reasonable one amongst all the Aaaadvark Oven Repairs sharks is quite a challenge.

Any advice?
    Fan went on the Rangemaster and in a very much one off moment, I ordered the part and fixed it myself.......with a tiny bit of supervision from the F-in-law

Any advice?
    In this most fundamental of issues, "Get a kebab" is the long-established customary AWIMB advice, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In this most fundamental of issues, "Get a kebab" is the long-established customary AWIMB advice, I think.
    I almost suggested that last night. We eventually managed to get some heat cranked up on one of the settings so I could have my pie. She'd already given up and had some soup before then.

I ordered a kebab from the usual place on the Holloway Road coming home from the match the other week and they gave me what was essentially a kebab kit - with a box of meat, box of salad and a bag of bread bits. Well weird, it was. Had to get home before I could eat it.

Any advice?
    you posted on the wrong forum, a

I've done it for you

https://www.netmums.com/islington/lo.../awm-repairs-4
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Fan went on the Rangemaster and in a very much one off moment, I ordered the part and fixed it myself.......with a tiny bit of supervision from the F-in-law
    Well played.

Don't fancy my chances of taking the the oven to bits and locating and replacing the fault heating element, somehow. Especially as the damned thing is encased in all the units and stuff. It's going to be a whole new kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you posted on the wrong forum, a

I've done it for you

https://www.netmums.com/islington/lo.../awm-repairs-4
    Fantastic!

Thanks, IUFG.

Any advice?
    I'm in the same situation. You crank the oven up full blast and it only goes up to 275 .... 135C.

I had my appliance guy come in and he said that it's either the sensor or the control panel. Basically you have to replace both which sets you back about $600 .... (sigh) .. 457 pounds.

unfortunately ovens are not cheap!!!! You think they wouldn't be that bad but they are. In many cases more expensive than a fridge. I have one of those double ovens, top and bottom, so the bottom one still works. But to replace runs about $1800 which is .... **** you figure it out.

It's tough in a big city like London, but here in this burg we have cultivated a phalanx of folks. Plumber, painter,electric dude, handyman type. One guy is now replacing the spindles on our front porch. Oh, asphalt guy, he's redoing our driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I'm in the same situation. You crank the oven up full blast and it only goes up to 275 .... 135C.

I had my appliance guy come in and he said that it's either the sensor or the control panel. Basically you have to replace both which sets you back about $600 .... (sigh) .. 457 pounds.

unfortunately ovens are not cheap!!!! You think they wouldn't be that bad but they are. In many cases more expensive than a fridge. I have one of those double ovens, top and bottom, so the bottom one still works. But to replace runs about $1800 which is .... **** you figure it out.

It's tough in a big city like London, but here in this burg we have cultivated a phalanx of folks. Plumber, painter,electric dude, handyman type. One guy is now replacing the spindles on our front porch. Oh, asphalt guy, he's redoing our driveway.
    Actually the fridge/freezer replacement the other year had a happy ending, despite some pain with the delivery muppets failing to turn up on the first two days they were scheduled. The good news was that I could store beer cans vertically in the slightly larger space in the new model, meaning I can fit in twice as many beers as before. Huzzah!

But yes, I fear that repair costs will imply a new oven will be needed. We have funds budgeting for this, but the plumbing will be a problem as the existing one is embedded in all the other furniture, hence the inevitable suggestion that we might as well have a whole new kitchen.

Any advice?
    Buy a tremendous combination microwave with oven and grill.
    The oven on mine is better than my usual oven so I don't bother with it now.