Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
I'm in the same situation. You crank the oven up full blast and it only goes up to 275 .... 135C.

I had my appliance guy come in and he said that it's either the sensor or the control panel. Basically you have to replace both which sets you back about $600 .... (sigh) .. 457 pounds.

unfortunately ovens are not cheap!!!! You think they wouldn't be that bad but they are. In many cases more expensive than a fridge. I have one of those double ovens, top and bottom, so the bottom one still works. But to replace runs about $1800 which is .... **** you figure it out.

It's tough in a big city like London, but here in this burg we have cultivated a phalanx of folks. Plumber, painter,electric dude, handyman type. One guy is now replacing the spindles on our front porch. Oh, asphalt guy, he's redoing our driveway.
Actually the fridge/freezer replacement the other year had a happy ending, despite some pain with the delivery muppets failing to turn up on the first two days they were scheduled. The good news was that I could store beer cans vertically in the slightly larger space in the new model, meaning I can fit in twice as many beers as before. Huzzah!

But yes, I fear that repair costs will imply a new oven will be needed. We have funds budgeting for this, but the plumbing will be a problem as the existing one is embedded in all the other furniture, hence the inevitable suggestion that we might as well have a whole new kitchen.