Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not terribly clever, loosing off shots at Saudi;

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jane was in the bible.

I think.
    Jane,comes from Joanna who was in the good book.Jebus did a Paul Daniels on her.Amen and praise be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Jane,comes from Joanna who was in the good book.Jebus did a Paul Daniels on her.Amen and praise be.
    Well actually after the event I realised my error in confusing the Bible with Tarzan which of course Jane is in.

Bible wise I was thinking of Cane and Abel, who of course were blokes, or maybe fluid or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well actually after the event I realised my error in confusing the Bible with Tarzan which of course Jane is in.

Bible wise I was thinking of Cane and Abel, who of course were blokes, or maybe fluid or something.
    Easy to confuse the two in such a well read chap as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh well that's all right then

Among the first subscribers of Jane's Intelligence Review was the then vice-president of the United States, Dan Quayle
    Not sure what Dan Quayle reading a magazine decades ago has to do with the provenance of a Houthi missile, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not sure what Dan Quayle reading a magazine decades ago has to do with the provenance of a Houthi missile, tbh.
    twas a flippant response as I was busy. I have now had time to look at the link properly. It actually talks at quite some measure about the Iranian involvement and merely states that the weapon is unlike one that exists in the Iranian Arsenal (football content). Even by your own source it seems there is extensive Iranian involvement in the region

Iranian involvement
    Given that Yemen has no known history of producing its own ballistic missiles, let alone extended- range Scud versions, the emergence of the Qaher and Burkan missiles appears to support the claims made by the coalition and US officials that Iran is extensively involved. "Iran has provided critical capability and assistance to the Houthis in their campaign to attack Saudi Arabian territory with ballistic missiles and rockets," a US Department of State official told Jane's in October 2016.
    There is now strong evidence that Iran has been shipping weapons to its Yemeni allies. This includes Iranian-made versions of the Steyr HS .50 anti-materiel rifle, which have been identified by Jane's in several photos of armed rebels, as well as in footage of Emirati soldiers recovering rifles from a rebel base outside Al-Mukha. Likewise, the rebels claim to be producing Qasef-1 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), although they appear very similar - if not identical - to the Iranian Ababil 2 UAV.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Joanna is from South Africa, c. Not sure JC got selected for that tour

twas a flippant response as I was busy. I have now had time to look at the link properly. It actually talks at quite some measure about the Iranian involvement and merely states that the weapon is unlike one that exists in the Iranian Arsenal (football content). Even by your own source it seems there is extensive Iranian involvement in the region
    Iranian involvement is no secret, but when the Saudis and, IIRC, Donald Trump are claiming that it's an Iranian missile, possibly as part of a drive to justify starting a new war in Lebanon, I think it's healthy to consider alternative scenarios, especially when the sea blockade around Yemen makes it hard to get even food and medical supplies in, let alone missiles of such range.

Pointing to the article was not to dispute Iranian support for the Houthis, but to show how it is technically possible to have adapted existing Yemeni army missiles in their possession to extend their range to Riyadh.

Not to mention the utter hypocrisy of the Saudis and US complaining about third party support for a rebel side in a civil war.

Iranian involvement is no secret, but when the Saudis and, IIRC, Donald Trump are claiming that it's an Iranian missile, possibly as part of a drive to justify starting a new war in Lebanon, I think it's healthy to consider alternative scenarios, especially when the sea blockade around Yemen makes it hard to get even food and medical supplies in, let alone missiles of such range.

Pointing to the article was not to dispute Iranian support for the Houthis, but to show how it is technically possible to have adapted existing Yemeni army missiles in their possession to extend their range to Riyadh.

Not to mention the utter hypocrisy of the Saudis and US complaining about third party support for a rebel side in a civil war.
    Point taken. And not for one minute would I want to be seen as backing the Saudis or Trump of course. Actually went off an tangent from that article and was reading some very interesting takes on the region

Are you fond of conspiracy theories? There's some corkers going about just now.

I just hope their hounds are OK
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

So if some bloke on Twitter says something it is automatically true?
    According to my Twitter feed:

Among all the river-less countries the largest of them all is Saudi Arabia with an area of 830,000 square miles.

that is where my interest in the country starts and ends.
    but why the **** anyone would build a settlement where there is no water? nutters.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”