Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not terribly clever, loosing off shots at Saudi;

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually went off an tangent from that article and was reading some very interesting takes on the region
    Yes, it is an interesting region historically. Arguably Britain's third involvement in a war in Yemen in a century. Possibly a record.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    According to my Twitter feed:

Among all the river-less countries the largest of them all is Saudi Arabia with an area of 830,000 square miles.

that is where my interest in the country starts and ends.
    but why the **** anyone would build a settlement where there is no water? nutters.
    Not sure that nomads & Bedouins built settlements tbh. Perhaps it was the thirsty wanderings that inspired the horrors of Wahhabism.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Are you fond of conspiracy theories? There's some corkers going about just now.
    My favourite is that many of the arrested Saudis are in the Podesta/Clinton gang and The Clown Prince and The Trumpet are working together to bring them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not sure that nomads & Bedouins built settlements tbh. Perhaps it was the thirsty wanderings that inspired the horrors of Wahhabism.
    well, someone settled in Riyadh at some point. there is now 5m plus of them there. It is nowhere near the coast on a desert plateau.

I think you're right... all that sun and no water. It is enough to make a man want to hit himself over the head with a large knife.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”