I will sell most of my guitars.
    and buy one nice one.

I don't need clutter in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    and buy one nice one.

Sounds like a good idea.

You should have one electric, one acoustic.

and buy one nice one.

invest in a vintage one that will appreciate in value imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    invest in a vintage one that will appreciate in value imo
    I think he should sell them all and then get about 12 different ones over the next 12 months or so.....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sounds like a good idea.

You should have one electric, one acoustic.
    I won't sell my les paul junior as it's amazing or the telecaster I just bought in the US.

but my sg, les paul studio, 60s tribute gold top will all be out the door.
    I will replace them with one les paul.

and buy one nice one.

I did this a few years ago with Adidas trainers.

You're on the right road, however just a little caveat.
    You'll then be in a position where you have a valuable one that you won't want to take anywhere for fear of damage loss etc and then purchase another one solely for that purpose which kind of defeats the object.
    Also you'll think I would like to try something different once in a while and the GAS doesn't subside...so...

Buy the nice one and keep forever (get over the protective thing, they were built to play not to collect). I bought a Custom Shop aged model which gets over the worrying about dings and marks from the outset.

Have a second guitar that is a bit different, should you want something else then buy it and decide which of these two to keep and sell the other one on. Keep doing this forever more. You'll have at most 3 at anyone time with the intention of keeping 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    You'll then be in a position where you have a valuable one that you won't want to take anywhere for fear of damage loss etc and then purchase another one solely for that purpose which kind of defeats the object.
    Also you'll think I would like to try something different once in a while and the GAS doesn't subside...so...

Buy the nice one and keep forever (get over the protective thing, they were built to play not to collect). I bought a Custom Shop aged model which gets over the worrying about dings and marks from the outset.

Have a second guitar that is a bit different, should you want something else then buy it and decide which of these two to keep and sell the other one on. Keep doing this forever more. You'll have at most 3 at anyone time with the intention of keeping 2 of them.
    A bit like women imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post

I will use my junior and tele for that purpose. I really like the junior so it's to be kept and telecaster will never be sold for sentimental reasons.
    I won't rush into buying a more expensive guitar I will wait to find the right one. in the future if I do buy any more guitars later on they will be sensible purchases so rather than making do or buying something on impulse buy.

I would quite like a old 50s les paul junior double cut but I think a Les paul will be the most versatile for now.

I will use my junior and tele for that purpose. I really like the junior so it's to be kept and telecaster will never be sold for sentimental reasons.
    I won't rush into buying a more expensive guitar I will wait to find the right one. in the future if I do buy any more guitars later on they will be sensible purchases so rather than making do or buying something on impulse buy.

I would quite like a old 50s les paul junior double cut but I think a Les paul will be the most versatile for now.
    If you pick up second hand guitars you won't really lose any money when you sell them on, I just think of it as a kind of rental. That way you get to try different things over a period of time and decide what you like. The differences in Les Pauls of the same type are huge and it takes a while to realise what you do and don't like. Same goes with amps, get a decent 2x12 and then try out various heads over a period of time.