Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only c**t paying any tax around here? I expect our

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure. At least they seem to mean well. And, in this day and age, that's not always something to take for granted, is it.

Everyone knows by now that money has a conscience all of its own. There's not really too much mere individuals can be expected to do about that uncomfortable fact, I reckon, even with the best will in the world.
    THe desire to seem to mean well is present in every corporation. It is housed in their PR departments. Tesco want me to sponsor their walk for some old bull**** every time I pay for anything. Even worse, they want you to put food in their charity bins. I have just ****ing paid for it. Tesco want ME to give THEM food that I have just bought from them to give to poor people...... absurd.

I hate everything and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am no fan of the small singer but surely in order to honestly criticise the man one should be aware of any or all charitable donations he makes as well as legal tax avoidance.

The latter is something that surely we all would like some of.
    Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

I watched a celebrity game show yesterday where the prize for charity was around 3 grand. You have to wonder how much that programme cost to make- just dont make the programme and give the money you saved to charity.

Charity- its all bull****.

I am no fan of the small singer but surely in order to honestly criticise the man one should be aware of any or all charitable donations he makes as well as legal tax avoidance.

The latter is something that surely we all would like some of.
    Where, geographically, does the diminutive **** pay his taxes? Of those he does actually pay.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    bullying street beggars, and all.

'Huge' charitable donations are an avoidance of tax not generally an act of altruism.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

I watched a celebrity game show yesterday where the prize for charity was around 3 grand. You have to wonder how much that programme cost to make- just dont make the programme and give the money you saved to charity.

I don't subscribe to any myself and am forced to run the gauntlet of street collecting ****s each day on Wicklow Street, South William Street and the street down by Peter's Pub. It is only the gift of headphones and loud music that saves all involved from a very unsavoury incident.

Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

No, P. People need to work and make money. Otherwise there's no chance of anything being left over to give to charity, is there. Presuming they actually want to give any away, that is, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Where, geographically, does the diminutive **** pay his taxes? Of those he does actually pay.
    Not sure my friend, I think the band channel their monies through Holland (or did in the past).

But then he is an artist and they already benefit from sizeable tax exemptions in Ireland anyway so he is quids in as such, for a ****.

Adam Clayton, the English bass guitar player, is basically my neighbour so when I next see him I shall ask.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    bullying street beggars, and all.

'Huge' charitable donations are an avoidance of tax not generally an act of altruism.
    Merely being in a position to give anything away makes people feel better though, as if they really are top man and doing quite nicely. The reality is often quite different though admittedly
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Not sure my friend, I think the band channel their monies through Holland (or did in the past).

But then he is an artist and they already benefit from sizeable tax exemptions in Ireland anyway so he is quids in as such, for a ****.

Adam Clayton, the English bass guitar player, is basically my neighbour so when I next see him I shall ask.
    I didn't know he was English. And I even bought the Boy and October LP's when they were released

I don't subscribe to any myself and am forced to run the gauntlet of street collecting ****s each day on Wicklow Street, South William Street and the street down by Peter's Pub. It is only the gift of headphones and loud music that saves all involved from a very unsavoury incident.
    Most charities spend **** all on their actual front line cause and most of your money goes to paying for lunches to lobby MPs, celebrity dinners etc......**** the lot of them. I give a couple of quid to the homeless guy on the street. He knows what to do with it.