Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only c**t paying any tax around here? I expect our

Am I the only c**t paying any tax around here? I expect our

resident Tories will soon be patiently explaining to us that it's vital that the wealthy are allowed to dodge their tax obligations otherwise the trickle down may stop trickling.

I noticed on the back of annual tax summary they break down exactly where your taxes went.

I noted the charities section and the overseas aid sections and took this to mean that I no longer have to donate to any charities because I’m already doing so imo

Tough luck Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I noticed on the back of annual tax summary they break down exactly where your taxes went.

I noted the charities section and the overseas aid sections and took this to mean that I no longer have to donate to any charities because I’m already doing so imo

Tough luck Red Cross.
    So perhaps you should tick the gift aid box on the online tax form and claim it back?????
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    resident Tories will soon be patiently explaining to us that it's vital that the wealthy are allowed to dodge their tax obligations otherwise the trickle down may stop trickling.
    Someone's been 'dodging their tax obligations', h? That would be a matter for HMRC to prosecute, then. Good job they were caught.

I've read some hysterical stuff this morning about people who have done no more than order their tax affairs in accordance with the law; that's a different matter entirely.

I wonder if you claim your personal allowance or invest in ISAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Someone's been 'dodging their tax obligations', h? That would be a matter for HMRC to prosecute, then. Good job they were caught.

I've read some hysterical stuff this morning about people who have done no more than order their tax affairs in accordance with the law; that's a different matter entirely.

Bono... anti poverty, anti tax havens, lobbyist for the poor and needy..... pays almost zero tax on all royalty's, he is also a director for 2 offshore companys to minimize his tax payments.

so in other words he is a hypocritical **** of the highest order.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Bono... anti poverty, anti tax havens, lobbyist for the poor and needy..... pays almost zero tax on all royalty's, he is also a director for 2 offshore companys to minimize his tax payments.

Yes, I think this is the crucial point. The legal outrage will focus on the fact that the law allows rich ****s to dodge paying anything. THe outrage at individuals should focus on ****s like Bono who 'talk a good game' until it comes to putting their hand in their own pocket.

It always ****ing irritates me when Emirates pass round a hat towards the end of a flight asking for contributions towards their charity to help poor kids in Bangladesh. **** off you ****s. Your profits from a day could build a new village in Bangladesh but you want a fiver from me? They can whistle dixy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Can we have a leak regarding the tax affairs of black cab drivers? I believe this would reveal that they declare average earnings of about 15 quid a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    superfluous 'hypocritical' imo.

tbf to the ****, he was one who ws virtue signalling, long before virtue signalling was popular. An avant-garde ****, if you will.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, I think this is the crucial point. The legal outrage will focus on the fact that the law allows rich ****s to dodge paying anything. THe outrage at individuals should focus on ****s like Bono who 'talk a good game' until it comes to putting their hand in their own pocket.

It always ****ing irritates me when Emirates pass round a hat towards the end of a flight asking for contributions towards their charity to help poor kids in Bangladesh. **** off you ****s. Your profits from a day could build a new village in Bangladesh but you want a fiver from me? They can whistle dixy.....
    I'm not sure. At least they seem to mean well. And, in this day and age, that's not always something to take for granted, is it.

Everyone knows by now that money has a conscience all of its own. There's not really too much mere individuals can be expected to do about that uncomfortable fact, I reckon, even with the best will in the world.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I am no fan of the small singer but surely in order to honestly criticise the man one should be aware of any or all charitable donations he makes as well as legal tax avoidance.

The latter is something that surely we all would like some of.