Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All things considered that was rubbish from us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Better team for large parts of the match, 3rd goal killed it when we looked the more like scoring.
    Can I just clarify in case I am totally mis-reading you.

You thought we were the better team for large parts of the match?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Can I just clarify in case I am totally mis-reading you.

You thought we were the better team for large parts of the match?
    Okay, parts of the match.

Okay, parts of the match.
    Fúck me mate I am even struggling with that and I am known for my generous nature. People stop me in the street and comment on it.

We started okay but even then their first break had us open and Aguero shot wide, next thing Sane opened us up and Sterling messed up. I’m not sure we had even worked their keeper yet.

The save from Ramsey on 44 minutes and then the goal, that was it. We had the ball at times in the second half but that has to be expected as City won’t or cannot dominate for 90 minutes, even when we did have it we gave it away too easily.

They had the above 2, a terrible attempt at a pass from Sterling to Sane who was then one on one with Cech, at least 2 efforts second half where de Bruyne’s final pass was intercepted, a great save by Cech from Jesus, probably others I can’t recall.

Yes the 3rd was piss poor and it was but 2-1 at the time but all in I thought they just toyed with us. No shame there, they’re a cracking team, they should have given their spend.

Fúck me mate I am even struggling with that and I am known for my generous nature. People stop me in the street and comment on it.

We started okay but even then their first break had us open and Aguero shot wide, next thing Sane opened us up and Sterling messed up. I’m not sure we had even worked their keeper yet.

The save from Ramsey on 44 minutes and then the goal, that was it. We had the ball at times in the second half but that has to be expected as City won’t or cannot dominate for 90 minutes, even when we did have it we gave it away too easily.

They had the above 2, a terrible attempt at a pass from Sterling to Sane who was then one on one with Cech, at least 2 efforts second half where de Bruyne’s final pass was intercepted, a great save by Cech from Jesus, probably others I can’t recall.

Yes the 3rd was piss poor and it was but 2-1 at the time but all in I thought they just toyed with us. No shame there, they’re a cracking team, they should have given their spend.
    Think you're being overly harsh, decent away performance that wasn't helped by Ramsey being awful and Sanchez taking either the wrong option or just giving the ball away when in very good positions.

But here’s the thing. They were largely the same 11,from last season, including Oatcakes and Stones at the back. They added Sane, we had lacassette. For some reason, we opted to bench our 50m man. As you say, men v boys. Wenger never learns or moves us forwards..

Think you're being overly harsh, decent away performance that wasn't helped by Ramsey being awful and Sanchez taking either the wrong option or just giving the ball away when in very good positions.
    Alexis was responsible for 23 wasted possessions, according to 7amkickoff. I doubt he passed his Man City audition with that show. Why would Pep pick a player who does that when his team are all about retaining possession, not giving it away?

Unless, of course, Pep's skillz include managing divas and getting them to do what the teams needs, rather than what they want.

We were never really in danger of winning, I think, and with our record in such games, it's difficult to argue that we deserved anything.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Alexis was responsible for 23 wasted possessions, according to 7amkickoff. I doubt he passed his Man City audition with that show. Why would Pep pick a player who does that when his team are all about retaining possession, not giving it away?

Unless, of course, Pep's skillz include managing divas and getting them to do what the teams needs, rather than what they want.
    Maybe Pep is just trying to banter us off. My idea is that he and Wenger never fancied each other much.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I expect him to be sold in January, recoup some monies on the fella to add to the warchest.

I thought we played pretty well against comfortably the best side in the PL. Didn't get any favours from the officials and deserved a point.
    Didn't watch it but the various reports I have read suggest you might be a bit wrong.

Overall we should be happy to come away without a thrashing. They are miles ahead of us...literally miles.