Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All things considered that was rubbish from us

All things considered that was rubbish from us

Wenger had a week to prepare the first XI but insteads drops Lacazette to play Coquelin as some wierd centre half / Libero.

Of all the options that was the worse.

You go with your best team..debuchy or per in the back line and Lacazette up front

Fkin Coquelin.

Also don’t think played as well as people are saying...think we played as well as City wanted.

Waste of game

Until Kr donkey and AW go we are only going to be fighting for 5th. 52 m for lacazette and he is on the bench.

Their third goal was much further offside than the disallowed lacazette goal from some weeks ago. Shows the bias of the pundits though in the comments. Why does Alan Smith hate Arsenal so much though?

The problem Dev, is that replacing Wenger with a top drawer manager will be difficult as they only join clubs that promise the resources needed to implement their plans. Stan doesn't do titles.

The only hope is that years of successive failure to qualify for CL, which is our immediate future, will see thousands of those ghastly 'tourists' drifting away from The Arab-bowl prompting Stan to cut his losses and sell up.

Don't, as the saying goes, hold your breath.

Although, there is a slight chink in your armour there H

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The problem Dev, is that replacing Wenger with a top drawer manager will be difficult as they only join clubs that promise the resources needed to implement their plans. Stan doesn't do titles.

The only hope is that years of successive failure to qualify for CL, which is our immediate future, will see thousands of those ghastly 'tourists' drifting away from The Arab-bowl prompting Stan to cut his losses and sell up.

Don't, as the saying goes, hold your breath.
    Lester won with far less resources than us and dare I say , the mob down the road are paying their players far less than our prima donnas.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Lester won with far less resources than us and dare I say , the mob down the road are paying their players far less than our prima donnas.
    None of which has anything to do with the baffling decision to play coquelin as a centre back after trying him there on precisely zero occasions in the ****ty cup games.

Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    None of which has anything to do with the baffling decision to play coquelin as a centre back after trying him there on precisely zero occasions in the ****ty cup games.

Absurd.
    I thought we played pretty well against comfortably the best side in the PL. Didn't get any favours from the officials and deserved a point.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I thought we played pretty well against comfortably the best side in the PL. Didn't get any favours from the officials and deserved a point.
    We still struggle somewhat in keeping possession and playing it out against a pressy team. Speaking of which, Spurs next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We still struggle somewhat in keeping possession and playing it out against a pressy team. Speaking of which, Spurs next.
    I don't really mind all that so long as we win. But there's the rub, I suppose
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sorry mate, you're fúcking mental.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sorry mate, you're fúcking mental.
    Better team for large parts of the match, 3rd goal killed it when we looked the more like scoring.