Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When offering advantage shouldn't the ref take into consideration

When offering advantage shouldn't the ref take into consideration

the shítness of the team to whom advantage is offered?

I'd like to see the offside rule scrapped, what dy'a think about that H?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    I'd like to see the offside rule scrapped, what dy'a think about that H?
    I think you're a loon b and the only thing that should be scrapped is your liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    the shítness of the team to whom advantage is offered?
    Also, if your striker (who is likely to be useful in actually finishing the advantage) is wiped out then there isn't really much of an advantage. The officials were generally terrible yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Also, if your striker (who is likely to be useful in actually finishing the advantage) is wiped out then there isn't really much of an advantage. The officials were generally terrible yesterday

3rd goal was bad officiating by the lino but equally we just seemed to stop dead and all went a little slow motion. These things are so split second that to just stop as we did was pish.

Anyhow, that aside can’t remember a lot. The pen I have no issue with at all, of course Sterling could have stayed on his feet but nobody really expected him to and we would all to a man want the decision to be given in the other area. Monreal came in from behind or the side and made contact with the player and none with the ball.

Thought we largely got away with it mind you, they were at times very careless with final passes and on a sharper day it could have been a greater losing margin.

The Coquelin thing is largely being blown out of proportion, we didn’t lose because he played. The Lacazette thing fúcking pisses me off mind you.
    Last edited by SWv2; 11-06-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The Coquelin thing is largely being blown out of proportion, we didn’t lose because he played. The Lacazette thing fúcking pisses me off mind you.
    Coquelin actually made a couple of fine tackles. I'd rather have Debuchy as a stand-in but he played 90 on Thursday. When Wenger writes his book perhaps he'll explain why he spent £52m on a striker he didn't use that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Coquelin actually made a couple of fine tackles. I'd rather have Debuchy as a stand-in but he played 90 on Thursday. When Wenger writes his book perhaps he'll explain why he spent £52m on a striker he didn't use that much.
    Yes I suspect MD was not a viable option because of his many injuries, now Elneny is not as easy to understand.

The absence of Lacazette had me swearing out loud and being told off for it. Just don’t get it myself but who are you or I to question AW etc. Hindsight being a marvellous thing altogether would allow us to suggest Sanchez should not have played but then if you don’t play him he might get upset and not sign the new deal waiting for him in his agent’s office.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The Coquelin thing is largely being blown out of proportion, we didn’t lose because he played.
    True

However, the whole thing smacked of "we have to do something" because we're playing against the best team in the league. Yet, it appears we really didn't know what that "something" was.

Overall, a poor performance. We looked very panicky because of their pressing. Our pressing, of course, was a load of uncoordinated *******s.

In summary, Wenger out!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    True

However, the whole thing smacked of "we have to do something" because we're playing against the best team in the league. Yet, it appears we really didn't know what that "something" was.

Overall, a poor performance. We looked very panicky because of their pressing. Our pressing, of course, was a load of uncoordinated *******s.

In summary, Wenger out!
    Sanchez was ****ing awful. May as well have played for City, Ramsey was also dire.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sanchez was ****ing awful. May as well have played for City, Ramsey was also dire.
    Ramsey and Xhaka were both poor, chasing shadows as such with Silva and de Bruyne.

Ozil, Sanchez, Iwobi – all poor, anonymous almost for large periods. The most animated or aggressive thing MO did all day was kick the ball away late on. I suspect he would be a lovely player in this City team all the same.

You see how I am struggling here with the suggestion we were the better team?