Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fúck my old boots! j is on Twitter complaining that this doesn’t feel like his

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    In Ireland "a glass" in this sense means a half.
    You haven't had enough porridge this morning to talk like that, pal
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You haven't had enough porridge this morning to talk like that, pal
    yet weirdly a half here is a pint

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Doesn't b claim to be Irish and seems to hate this country as well
    B is Irish but claims to be english and seems to hate Ireland.

Different strokes an all that.

SW is Irish (sort of) and likes Weller.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Half a litre?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Right. It seems to depend where you are. You lot, being farmers and rednecks, get a big, hefty half-gallon in a glass whereas in Düsseldorf and Köln, being more white-collar towns, beer is traditionally served in dinky little half-like glasses.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

You're right p - SW is the least Irish person here - he's a dubber so indiscernible really from any other urban chav in these islands My credentials stem from my great great grandaddy who was a tinker that came to England and settled. So 1/16th mick but I will claim Irishness whenever it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Speaking of which I expect you already new All Mod Cons is 38 years old today.

Immerse yourself in it tonight Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You're right p - SW is the least Irish person here - he's a dubber so indiscernible really from any other urban chav in these islands My credentials stem from my great great grandaddy who was a tinker that came to England and settled. So 1/16th mick but I will claim Irishness whenever it suits.
    What in fúcks name is a "dubber"?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Speaking of which I expect you already new All Mod Cons is 38 years old today.

Immerse yourself in it tonight Pedro.
    Yes, that anniversary was trailed last week. The fact is that Weller deserves a lifetime amnesty from criticism for his output with The Jam, especially All Mod Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, that anniversary was trailed last week. The fact is that Weller deserves a lifetime amnesty from criticism for his output with The Jam, especially All Mod Cons.
    Thank you R, you have brought a tear to my eye (almost).

I shall remember this and forever have your back.