Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fúck my old boots! j is on Twitter complaining that this doesn’t feel like his

Fúck my old boots! j is on Twitter complaining that this doesn’t feel like his

country anymore. This is pretty fúcking rich from a man who was always at pains to deny any association with this country whatsoever and - last time I checked - was ludicrously claiming to be Irish.

I would say this to him, but he’s conversing with someone we both follow and I’ve no desire to rudely butt in.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    country anymore. This is pretty fúcking rich from a man who was always at pains to deny any association with this country whatsoever and - last time I checked - was ludicrously claiming to be Irish.

I would say this to him, but he’s conversing with someone we both follow and I’ve no desire to rudely butt in.
    Is he complaining that a fellow can no longer put his hand on a journalist's knee 15 years ago without losing his job?

He's always worn his hatred of this country like a badge of honour; but now that hatred has increased?

WHY. LIVE. HERE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Is he complaining that a fellow can no longer put his hand on a journalist's knee 15 years ago without losing his job?
    No. He’s banging on about EU nurses leaving and calling this a ‘backwards, narrow, hateful little island’.

Despite his assurances of 18 months ago, he’s still not planning to leave, though, I notice.

No. He’s banging on about EU nurses leaving and calling this a ‘backwards, narrow, hateful little island’.

Despite his assurances of 18 months ago, he’s still not planning to leave, though, I notice.
    Ironically, the perfect description of leftists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's always worn his hatred of this country like a badge of honour; but now that hatred has increased?

WHY. LIVE. HERE?
    Ironically, work (ie the fact that - unlike most of the EU - it’s a good place to run a business, etc) seems to be one reason.

Of course, if he had his economic way, that would no longer be the case, but I long since stopped looking for intellectual consistency in his arguments.

Get back to Ireland then? Or is he waiting for the Irish to pay off their EU-imposed austerity taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Get back to Ireland then? Or is he waiting for the Irish to pay off their EU-imposed austerity taxes?
    I suspect that j believes Ireland to be a place where wise and twinkling old sons of toil sip pints of Guinness while singing Rebel songs around the peat fire and red-haired colleens flirt prettily with you.

I fear the shock of the reality might kill the poor chap.

Ironically, work (ie the fact that - unlike most of the EU - it’s a good place to run a business, etc) seems to be one reason.

Of course, if he had his economic way, that would no longer be the case, but I long since stopped looking for intellectual consistency in his arguments.
    looooooooooool.

How does Twitter actually work though? Are people supposed to be different on there?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    looooooooooool.

How does Twitter actually work though? Are people supposed to be different on there?
    Oh, no. But it’s funny watching him trot this stuff out to people who haven’t been listening to his unvarnished nonsense for years on here.

‘My country’ indeed!