Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good news - I've won that postcode lottery thing . Got the letter

Good news - I've won that postcode lottery thing . Got the letter

this morning informing me I was £325,000 richer and with a bona fide London number to call to confirm.

A very pleasant african gentleman then explained I merely had to pay a fee of £500.00 and my winnings would be processed into my account. I said they could simply deduct the fee from my winnings to save admin fees but he said that it is the law, which he pronounce dee lah, that I must pay the fee first - bit of a nuisance what?

How should I invest my winnings 'wimb? I've already booked an all inclusive 5 star hotel on the Amalfi with my credit card so there should be about 320K left.

Quick trip over to LA to Norman’s rare guitars imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Quick trip over to LA to Norman’s rare guitars imo
    The missus has gone off at me something alarming fash - talking about how if I mustn't start eating into our capital. I said I can get a perfectly good Gibbo 355 for 3K and she yelled at me that it's a "whole 10% of our winnings!". Women huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    ...and she yelled at me that it's a "whole 10% of our winnings!". Women huh?
    no Carol Vorderman, then?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

i even get moaned at for small things. ‘You just bought it why are you changing the strings?’
    Or
    ‘Why don’t you get a nice blue or green one?’

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Remember how glorious her bottom was, i? I assume it's gone the way of all flesh, downwards?

RIP Carol Vorderman's bottom.

Are you slighting my good lady wife fellow? You would do well to remember I am now a man of means and can simply pay to have you dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Remember how glorious her bottom was, i? I assume it's gone the way of all flesh, downwards?

RIP Carol Vorderman's bottom.
    never mind her arse. WTF has happened to her face?

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

never mind her arse. WTF has happened to her face?

Mother of Christ. If you don't mind I'd rather remain focussed on her arse; the face is too scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Are you slighting my good lady wife fellow? You would do well to remember I am now a man of means and can simply pay to have you dealt with
    Only slighting her mathematical capabilities, h. Not all of her...