Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought I saw 'the lad' Willock win a challenge but I may have imagined it.

Jack looked ok. Bit sloppy at times but his fitness is getting better.
    I rather liked the look of young Willock, actually.

Clearly a stellar career as a journeyman pro in the lower leagues awaits

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Save for 2 obvious errors in recent matches I think GX has done very well. His pass to Kolasinac on Saturday which lead to the winner, a pre-assist I believe is what Ash would refer to it as, marvellous.

Even the Everton one he was not alone at fault but carried the blame.

Tactically I am unsure if AW has really nailed the current midfield balance but I am not going to blame the Albanian for that.
    Is he our first ever player whose surname begins with an ‘X’? I suspect he is, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's all about the xG Chain these days.

and no, that's not the Xhaka Granit chain.
    I googled it.

Look forward to rolling this out at Knocklyon United U10 post game analysis sessions.

"I’m not coaching tackles," he said, like some tiki-taka-loving, Messi-dependant, Johnny Foreigner manager that will clearly never beat Stoke away in midweek.

"I’m not training for tackles…what’s tackles?"

Tackling as such has been refereed almost out of the game.
    Guardiola, I presume. Or was it Allardyce?

Perfectly correct though, imo. The need to make tackles is too often the result of poor play. Eliminate the poor play; no need to tackle. Easy.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Save for 2 obvious errors in recent matches I think GX has done very well. His pass to Kolasinac on Saturday which lead to the winner, a pre-assist I believe is what Ash would refer to it as, marvellous.

Even the Everton one he was not alone at fault but carried the blame.

Tactically I am unsure if AW has really nailed the current midfield balance but I am not going to blame the Albanian for that.
    The solution is obvious. Xhaka needs to remain and we can help him by giving him somebody to pass to when he receives the ball deep. So, instead of looking up and seeing a Welshman heading towards the opposition penalty area, he can look up sand see JAck finding space to receive the ball within 10-15 years of him.

In other words, Ramsey can **** off and play instead of Ozil- or sit on the bench.

Of course, that cant happen this weekend as Jack is now officially knackered having played 90 minutes last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I rather liked the look of young Willock, actually.

Clearly a stellar career as a journeyman pro in the lower leagues awaits
    Given that he has some growing to do, he looked relatively powerful at times. THere might be a player there.

Same with Maitland-Niles who has the potential to be almost as good as the Ox....

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Perfectly correct though, imo. The need to make tackles is too often the result of poor play. Eliminate the poor play; no need to tackle. Easy.
    Tackling is good fun. For a chap like me with a good eye for the ball, a natural sense of timing and pretty much no technical ability whatsoever, nicking the ball off some fanny-dancer's feet is pure joy. Then I look up in panic hoping that one of our clever chaps is nearby so I can pass him the damn thing quickly.

Given that he has some growing to do, he looked relatively powerful at times. THere might be a player there.

Same with Maitland-Niles who has the potential to be almost as good as the Ox....
    I'd like to see Maitland-Niles and Nelson in their preferred positions

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Tackling is good fun. For a chap like me with a good eye for the ball, a natural sense of timing and pretty much no technical ability whatsoever, nicking the ball off some fanny-dancer's feet is pure joy. Then I look up in panic hoping that one of our clever chaps is nearby so I can pass him the damn thing quickly.
    In Barcelona though, l'àrbitre is responsible for winning you the ball back.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh. I didn’t think he was that bad