Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed - yet Peter are others expect them to be worldbeaters straightaway. Sickening, vpv.

And did people really boo at the final whistle after we achieved qualification. That really is shocking
    No, not world-beaters; just Red Star Belgrade beaters. I suppose our supporters in the ground just wanted to see us win and were disappointed we didn't.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Rather bad, I thought. This b-team has been lucky to have won its previous five imo and West Ham have a good chance against them in the Rumbelows.

Red Star were very keen to get a point and when they weren't defending resolutely and looking dangerous on the counter (but squandering all their chances), they spent much of the evening writhing on the floor and exercising the physio. This did little for the flow of the match, also not helped by the lack of fluidity of this disjointed Arsenal team. These kids playing out of position as wing backs might have got us through the group but I can't seeing it working against better sides. Jack seems frustrated and tries to do it all himself.

I liked Debuchy though. Should be available for a first team CB role if needed.
    Isn't he a bit little for that sort of thing? Like Gary Neville.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Indeed - yet Peter are others expect them to be worldbeaters straightaway. Sickening, vpv.

And did people really boo at the final whistle after we achieved qualification. That really is shocking
    Hmmm...I am not sure I said that at all. I was looking for some greater sense of discipline/cohesion and am not seeing it.

I did accept it isn't exactly the same team every week but its not far off.

I think my broader point is that Wenger is a clueless ****.

Rather bad, I thought. This b-team has been lucky to have won its previous five imo and West Ham have a good chance against them in the Rumbelows.

Red Star were very keen to get a point and when they weren't defending resolutely and looking dangerous on the counter (but squandering all their chances), they spent much of the evening writhing on the floor and exercising the physio. This did little for the flow of the match, also not helped by the lack of fluidity of this disjointed Arsenal team. These kids playing out of position as wing backs might have got us through the group but I can't seeing it working against better sides. Jack seems frustrated and tries to do it all himself.

Agree with you
    Did you see the goalkeeper fall on the floor when he tried to throw the ball out ?

For the knock-out stages I would ask Arsene Wenger to select more experience and less teens
    And leave Walcott out of the Emirates Stadium
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    hmmm...i am not sure i said that at all. I was looking for some greater sense of discipline/cohesion and am not seeing it.

I did accept it isn't exactly the same team every week but its not far off.

I think my broader point is that wenger is a clueless ****.
    booooooooooo p boooooooooooo

It was nice to see that our unique 'special skill' of losing the ball in midfield and getting caught on the counter runs right through all our teams. Its becoming part of the fabric of the club. Good to see....

booooooooooo p boooooooooooo
    Santi nearly lost his foot thanks to Wenger and his clueless medical team. He is lucky to be alive!

Wexit!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Agree with you
    Did you see the goalkeeper fall on the floor when he tried to throw the ball out ?
    Literally the most entertaining moment of the match.

Except perhaps for Jack's effort that got cleared off the line and Macey's rather fine save onto the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Agree with you

For the knock-out stages I would ask Arsene Wenger to select more experience and less teens
    And leave Walcott out of the Emirates Stadium
    I should say I think the keeper looks ok. Bit of a camera bandit but I think that is fairly usual when you re selected for these 'first team' opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I should say I think the keeper looks ok. Bit of a camera bandit but I think that is fairly usual when you re selected for these 'first team' opportunities.
    As bad as that, eh