Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

These youngsters breaking through.

Did those lads look committed in the tackle to you? I thought I saw a reluctance to engage in the more physical aspects of the game.

Are we breeding snowflakes in football clubs as well as universities?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did those lads look committed in the tackle to you? I thought I saw a reluctance to engage in the more physical aspects of the game.

"I’m not coaching tackles," he said, like some tiki-taka-loving, Messi-dependant, Johnny Foreigner manager that will clearly never beat Stoke away in midweek.

"I’m not training for tackles…what’s tackles?"

Tackling as such has been refereed almost out of the game.

I thought I saw 'the lad' Willock win a challenge but I may have imagined it.

Jack looked ok. Bit sloppy at times but his fitness is getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I thought I saw 'the lad' Willock win a challenge but I may have imagined it.

Jack looked ok. Bit sloppy at times but his fitness is getting better.
    Jack's just trying to do too much in that team. He knows he has to carry them so he's trying too hard.

Stick him back in the first team. He's ready.

I don't know why I'm telling you what to do; it's not as if you pick the fúcking team, is it?

Jack's just trying to do too much in that team. He knows he has to carry them so he's trying too hard.

Stick him back in the first team. He's ready.

I don't know why I'm telling you what to do; it's not as if you pick the fúcking team, is it?
    It is called having an opinion and while some may see it as a crime others don’t.

However my Dutch friend, riddle me this, in place of who (or perhaps whom, I am sure you will correct me in that haughty manner of yours). The German maestro, the Chilean petulant, surely neither of the midfield combatants?

Perhaps we revert to the traditional back 4 and allow him to try and deny midfield space to the magnificent footballing wizardry of the current City team?

The back and forth of football debate, marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is called having an opinion and while some may see it as a crime others don’t.

However my Dutch friend, riddle me this, in place of who (or perhaps whom, I am sure you will correct me in that haughty manner of yours). The German maestro, the Chilean petulant, surely neither of the midfield combatants?

Perhaps we revert to the traditional back 4 and allow him to try and deny midfield space to the magnificent footballing wizardry of the current City team?

The back and forth of football debate, marvellous.
    Given Xhaka's current form, I would play Jack deep, just in front of the back four. Particularly this weekend. Longer term - I'd sell Sanchez and Ozil in January, so there are plenty of options for Jack.

Given Xhaka's current form, I would play Jack deep, just in front of the back four. Particularly this weekend. Longer term - I'd sell Sanchez and Ozil in January, so there are plenty of options for Jack.
    So to summarise you think Xhaka is shít and you are openly criticising the summer transfer policy of AW.

You’ve changed man.

So to summarise you think Xhaka is shít and you are openly criticising the summer transfer policy of AW.

You’ve changed man.
    I'm very much an admirer of the Swiss-Albanian-Whateverer; however, he looks to me at present like a man living through a waking nightmare. He needs a couple of weeks off to regroup, perhaps.

Save for 2 obvious errors in recent matches I think GX has done very well. His pass to Kolasinac on Saturday which lead to the winner, a pre-assist I believe is what Ash would refer to it as, marvellous.

Even the Everton one he was not alone at fault but carried the blame.

Tactically I am unsure if AW has really nailed the current midfield balance but I am not going to blame the Albanian for that.

Save for 2 obvious errors in recent matches I think GX has done very well. His pass to Kolasinac on Saturday which lead to the winner, a pre-assist I believe is what Ash would refer to it as, marvellous.
    It's all about the xG Chain these days.

and no, that's not the Xhaka Granit chain.