Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought Maitland-Niles looked quite good, and there were some pleasing things from Willock and Nelson (I think that was their names) but the other young lad looked poor. He had pace but seemed clueless as to how to use it and everything he did looked so scripted and predictable that it was all easily cut out by not very good players.

Then I realized it was Walcott. 100K per week on a 5 year contract Walcott.
    I was discussing this last night. How is it possible to play for that long at the highest level and apparently not to have learned anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was discussing this last night. How is it possible to play for that long at the highest level and apparently not to have learned anything?
    Monty said he is a slow developer
    Chris Waddle was right
    He has no footballing brain
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Monty said he is a slow developer
    Chris Waddle was right
    He has no footballing brain
    There's another more likely option, I think. He knows what he needs to do but also knows that he isn't able to do it because other than running fast and finishing he doesn't have any real footballing ability.

So he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought Maitland-Niles looked quite good, and there were some pleasing things from Willock and Nelson (I think that was their names) but the other young lad looked poor. He had pace but seemed clueless as to how to use it and everything he did looked so scripted and predictable that it was all easily cut out by not very good players.

Then I realized it was Walcott. 100K per week on a 5 year contract Walcott.
    He was also captain and yet 18 year-old teammates were opting to shoot from outside the box rather than pass to him in space
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He was also captain and yet 18 year-old teammates were opting to shoot from outside the box rather than pass to him in space
    And remember that if Wenger had his way both Walcott and Ox would still be with Arsenal on a combined almost 300K a week.

Staggering.

I sense a developing sense of frustration with TJ.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He made a terrible run there though - he should have stayed wide and made the defender make a decision instead he run directly into a space that the defender could easily cover. With the other defender also directly in the line of any pass Willock could make even Dennis, blessed be his name, would have struggled to get it through. Dennis's shot may have been a bit better though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He made a terrible run there though - he should have stayed wide and made the defender make a decision instead he run directly into a space that the defender could easily cover. With the other defender also directly in the line of any pass Willock could make even Dennis, blessed be his name, would have struggled to get it through. Dennis's shot may have been a bit better though
    For me, that's what midfield players always do when they don't really trust their striker; they hesitate. As you suggest, the whole point about Dennis was that if you cut off the through-ball, he would simply put it into the top corner instead. So, for the striker, there's no such thing as a terrible run.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I know they are a mix of kids and reserves but this team, or a very similar shape and selection., has now played together seven times this season. You would think a little bit of an understanding would have developed in certain areas.

Elneny's career as a centre back isn't really taking off.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know they are a mix of kids and reserves but this team, or a very similar shape and selection., has now played together seven times this season. You would think a little bit of an understanding would have developed in certain areas.

Elneny's career as a centre back isn't really taking off.....
    There is an understanding
    They understand not to pass to Walcott

Elneny is little bit at the Coquelin level

Red Star should have scored with a direct move just on h/t
    10 characters? Pile of cund.