Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In Barcelona though, l'ŕrbitre is responsible for winning you the ball back.
    Who's he, redg? Is that Catalonian for 'referee'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Right. Not sure how it helps Sam Allardyce though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Not sure how it helps Sam Allardyce though.
    Play the ball out quickly and always be first to the knock-down. Score the first goal and keep a clean sheet.

This game is easy.

Very good A.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Given that he has some growing to do, he looked relatively powerful at times. THere might be a player there.

Same with Maitland-Niles who has the potential to be almost as good as the Ox....
    I see the Ox has been dropped by England for being a "bang average shít****" to quote Southgate.

Looks like the move is paying immediate dividends for the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I see the Ox has been dropped by England for being a "bang average shít****" to quote Southgate.

Looks like the move is paying immediate dividends for the lad.
    Yes. It seems that there’s more to being a decent player than being able to run with the ball directly at the heart of the opposition’s defence (and invariably lose possession) and taking occasional speculative potshots from distance. Who knew, eh?

Very good A.
    I think redg had actually made the joke first. I just accidently translated it.

I think redg had actually made the joke first. I just accidently translated it.
    He's a dark horse is Red. I will probably get in trouble for that now

Now, onto different matters, you attended last night I assume? How bad was it, I only caught about 15 of it and it seemed like 13 too many.

I thought Maitland-Niles looked quite good, and there were some pleasing things from Willock and Nelson (I think that was their names) but the other young lad looked poor. He had pace but seemed clueless as to how to use it and everything he did looked so scripted and predictable that it was all easily cut out by not very good players.

Then I realized it was Walcott. 100K per week on a 5 year contract Walcott.

He's a dark horse is Red. I will probably get in trouble for that now

Now, onto different matters, you attended last night I assume? How bad was it, I only caught about 15 of it and it seemed like 13 too many.
    Of the youngsters
    GK Macey and Nelson were very impressive
    Willock and Maitland-Niles played with no fear
    Walcott has a long way to go and looked the most inexperienced kid on the pitch
    10 characters? Pile of cund.