Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: These youngsters breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was discussing this last night. How is it possible to play for that long at the highest level and apparently not to have learned anything?
    Simply because once you've made it to the highest level, it's too late. They don't really "improve", in the way normal people understand the term, and they know it. Which is probably why they bang on about it so much.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know they are a mix of kids and reserves but this team, or a very similar shape and selection., has now played together seven times this season. You would think a little bit of an understanding would have developed in certain areas.

Elneny's career as a centre back isn't really taking off.....
    Well they have won 6 and drawn one so they aren't really doing too badly

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    There is an understanding
    They understand not to pass to Walcott

Elneny is little bit at the Coquelin level

Red Star should have scored with a direct move just on h/t
    Yeah, but the ball from the goal line, right through the middle of the our penalty which started an attack that was in there box in seconds That's proper football that is

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I confess I am surprised at the level of criticism about last night, given that they have qualified from the group unbeaten, and all.

No, but then they are playing against rubbish. I suppose my point is that the performances look just as disjointed as they did seven games ago.

It doesnt really matter. We are only really looking to see whether Jack gets better and whether any of the kids are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, but then they are playing against rubbish. I suppose my point is that the performances look just as disjointed as they did seven games ago.

It doesnt really matter. We are only really looking to see whether Jack gets better and whether any of the kids are any good.
    It was very disjointed in the first half, better in the second. The same team hasn't been playing every game either

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I confess I am surprised at the level of criticism about last night, given that they have qualified from the group unbeaten, and all.
    I think it was a case of getting the job done
    Not that the cunds who booed at the final whistle would recognise that
    The proper youngsters deserve better
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

It was very disjointed in the first half, better in the second. The same team hasn't been playing every game either
    Yes good point re scratch team selections
    Some of the young ones were also played out of position too I think
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Yes good point re scratch team selections
    Some of the young ones were also played out of position too I think
    Indeed - yet Peter are others expect them to be worldbeaters straightaway. Sickening, vpv.

And did people really boo at the final whistle after we achieved qualification. That really is shocking

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He's a dark horse is Red. I will probably get in trouble for that now

Now, onto different matters, you attended last night I assume? How bad was it, I only caught about 15 of it and it seemed like 13 too many.
    Rather bad, I thought. This b-team has been lucky to have won its previous five imo and West Ham have a good chance against them in the Rumbelows.

Red Star were very keen to get a point and when they weren't defending resolutely and looking dangerous on the counter (but squandering all their chances), they spent much of the evening writhing on the floor and exercising the physio. This did little for the flow of the match, also not helped by the lack of fluidity of this disjointed Arsenal team. These kids playing out of position as wing backs might have got us through the group but I can't seeing it working against better sides. Jack seems frustrated and tries to do it all himself.

I liked Debuchy though. Should be available for a first team CB role if needed.