Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir C. This cardio-vascular risk assessment that has you gloating like a

Sir C. This cardio-vascular risk assessment that has you gloating like a

schoolboy up a tree; was it based on any kind of angiography or was it simply extrapolated from the bunch of whoppers you told about your daily consumption?

If the latter, I suspect we will soon be meeting in that waiting room where every man's eternity* is decided.

God Almighty, just the word eternity scares the fock'n bejeebus out of me these days

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    schoolboy up a tree; was it based on any kind of angiography or was it simply extrapolated from the bunch of whoppers you told about your daily consumption?

If the latter, I suspect we will soon be meeting in that waiting room where every man's eternity* is decided.

God Almighty, just the word eternity scares the fock'n bejeebus out of me these days
    Oh no, it came at the end of a lengthy examination and included information gleaned from recent blood tests, as well as data from three weeks of thrice-daily blood pressure checks. And the information I supplied was wholly accurate. I said nothing about the years of cocaine use, but that was just out of embarrassment, since my doctor is Ethiopian which makes me think he's probably the religious sort.

He asked me embarrassing questions about how often my winkie goes hard.

Listen to this on iplayer - very interesting bit on how we are all going to live forever (as long as we're not too old already)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bz16d

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh no, it came at the end of a lengthy examination and included information gleaned from recent blood tests, as well as data from three weeks of thrice-daily blood pressure checks. And the information I supplied was wholly accurate. I said nothing about the years of cocaine use, but that was just out of embarrassment, since my doctor is Ethiopian which makes me think he's probably the religious sort.

Every couple of years or so at your age
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Ah.. I see. No actual angiographs then? I'm sure you'll be fine c :tries not to make eye contact with doomed man:

Ah.. I see. No actual angiographs then? I'm sure you'll be fine c :tries not to make eye contact with doomed man:
    :sigh: Angiograms are ancient technology, h. It's all about what the computer decides these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Were questions asked about family history etc?

Not the bicycle thief chap I should add, but in respect of hereditary heart related diseases and deaths. That is the big one I am led to believe. When I told the doctor at my medical examination in January that my father and two of my brothers had suffered heart attacks she kind of lost the run of herself. Not sure how I was not admitted there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Not the bicycle thief chap I should add, but in respect of hereditary heart related diseases and deaths. That is the big one I am led to believe. When I told the doctor at my medical examination in January that my father and two of my brothers had suffered heart attacks she kind of lost the run of herself. Not sure how I was not admitted there and then.
    It's all about breeding, isn't it. You can't beat good breeding.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Yes; happily the Charlies have an unblemished record in the clutcher department.

I would suggest that you might want to consider having a defibrilator in your house

Eternity stopped scaring me the minute I realised I wouldn't be around to experience it, tbh.

These days, the idea of everlasting life is much more scary than the idea of the lights going out and that's yer lot.

I would be very, very pïssed off if it turns out there's a hell. That would be very boring indeed.