Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Dinnerwimb.

Dinnerwimb.

Alone tonight, with a 500g piece of pork belly. I have the following plan:

The belly will be sliced into thick strips and then simmered for 10 minutes in water with rice vinegar and soy sauce. After cooling and patting dry, the strips will be coated in a mixture of flour, potato starch and rice flour, then deep fried for 10 minutes at 130 degrees. The temperature will then be increased to 180 degrees for a final 2 minute fry. The crispy belly strips will then be dressed in a gochujang sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds and sliced spring onion.

Yes. I am making Korean Fried Chicken, but with pork belly.

I'm estimating somewhere in excess of 2,000 calories

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

The belly will be sliced into thick strips and then simmered for 10 minutes in water with rice vinegar and soy sauce. After cooling and patting dry, the strips will be coated in a mixture of flour, potato starch and rice flour, then deep fried for 10 minutes at 130 degrees. The temperature will then be increased to 180 degrees for a final 2 minute fry. The crispy belly strips will then be dressed in a gochujang sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds and sliced spring onion.

It sounds nice, but a bit rough on the gnashers. Given my current state of decrepitude, I would be unwilling to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It sounds nice, but a bit rough on the gnashers. Given my current state of decrepitude, I would be unwilling to risk it.
    Overdoing the second fry could be a diaster, couldn't it?

I've also got nothing at all to serve with it except spuds. So... chips, then.

Overdoing the second fry could be a diaster, couldn't it?

I've also got nothing at all to serve with it except spuds. So... chips, then.
    Doesn’t sound very Korean. You could chuck in some kimchi and dog meat, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Doesn’t sound very Korean. You could chuck in some kimchi and dog meat, I suppose.
    I'm sure they eat chips. They're absolutely mad for Spam, apparently.

I'm sure they eat chips. They're absolutely mad for Spam, apparently.
    Quite a lot of people who were starving post-WW2 are still mad for Spam. South Sea Islanders, for instance, love it.

I thought you had to cook that shít long and slow.

There is probably a very good reason why Korean Fried Chicken is not pork.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought you had to cook that shít long and slow.

There is probably a very good reason why Korean Fried Chicken is not pork.
    You certainly can cook it long and slow, sw, but consider the traditional Thai moo grob, which is similarly deep-fried.

You wouldn't diss the moo grob, would you?

Will you not think of your heart?! Your poor, poor arteries

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Will you not think of your heart?! Your poor, poor arteries
    FFS I'VE JUST BEEN TOLD MY FÚCKING HEART WILL LAST FOREVER!

Why do you not listen, man?