Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not had a drink since.....Pt 2

Not had a drink since.....Pt 2

Not had a drink since Sunday or a cig since Monday. 2 quick findings
    1. Giving up smoking is quite easy once through the 1st 2 days, so much so I always start again. Not this time though
    2. Not drinking means I don't sleep deep enough not to be woken by the toddler and her demands for more milk!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    1. Giving up smoking is quite easy once through the 1st 2 days, so much so I always start again. Not this time though
    2. Not drinking means I don't sleep deep enough not to be woken by the toddler and her demands for more milk!!
    wd p. How long will you be dry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    wd p. How long will you be dry?
    Depends how well/badly we play later!

Possibly might go until Saturday

Madness. Three dry days is pretty radical; you're looking at 5 or 6 days, for Christ's sake!

Have a drink for ****'s sake.

I had friends over for dinner last night and drank water infused with mint and lime all night. The best part were the post meal espressos.

All this fashionable abstentionism and temperance is getting a bit too Victorian values for my liking. Bad for business as well. Add in the contemporary pearl-clutching about women being such feeble, delicate flowers that they can't deal with a bit of unwanted attention and we're basically back in the 19th century.

Next we'll be getting calls that only the educated classes owning extensive property should be allowed to vote. Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All this fashionable abstentionism and temperance is getting a bit too Victorian values for my liking. Bad for business as well. Add in the contemporary pearl-clutching about women being such feeble, delicate flowers that they can't deal with a bit of unwanted attention and we're basically back in the 19th century.

Next we'll be getting calls that only the educated classes owning extensive property should be allowed to vote. Oh.
    Me too. It's all got a bit competitive. The fact is that there is nothing inherently interesting about not doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Me too. It's all got a bit competitive. The fact is that there is nothing inherently interesting about not doing something.
    I have decided to up the ante and go on the 5-2 diet. Not to lose weight, but the sharpen the senses and mortify the flesh. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I will be allowed 200 calories for lunch and 400 for dinner. The calories will all be taken in the form of vegetables.

There may be an amount of meditation, also.

I have decided to up the ante and go on the 5-2 diet. Not to lose weight, but the sharpen the senses and mortify the flesh. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I will be allowed 200 calories for lunch and 400 for dinner. The calories will all be taken in the form of vegetables.

There may be an amount of meditation, also.
    You'll be weighing your own feculence next like your mad Dutch aunt.

Madness. Three dry days is pretty radical; you're looking at 5 or 6 days, for Christ's sake!

Have a drink for ****'s sake.
    It's more out of curiosity now, just want to see if I can make it to the weekend.