Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving away from the semi Spurs love in

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, because Villa scored twice. I am not a demander of champagne football. I have been to watch Barnet this season, and they are currently about the worst team in the 92. Yet in some ways more enjoyable than The Arsenal.
    I am known to travel to Dublin 24 to watch Shamrock Rovers, one of if not the most famous football club in the League of Ireland.

Great fun sometimes, and depending on the opposition it can be extremely enjoyable to watch. Then there is the good natured inter-fan banter if you will, as long as one is not easily offended than carry on.

Stress free.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am known to travel to Dublin 24 to watch Shamrock Rovers, one of if not the most famous football club in the League of Ireland.

Great fun sometimes, and depending on the opposition it can be extremely enjoyable to watch. Then there is the good natured inter-fan banter if you will, as long as one is not easily offended than carry on.

Stress free.
    My father retains an affection for Shamrock Rovers, since a group of their players once prevented him from getting a kicking after he drunkenly drove his car into the stationary vehicle of a courting couple near their ground.

wd Shamrock Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My father retains an affection for Shamrock Rovers, since a group of their players once prevented him from getting a kicking after he drunkenly drove his car into the stationary vehicle of a courting couple near their ground.

wd Shamrock Rovers
    Indeed, though now that their ground is in Tallaght I can only offer best wishes to any person who crashes into a local's car.

Indeed, though now that their ground is in Tallaght I can only offer best wishes to any person who crashes into a local's car.
    I used to have a picture of Limerick FC on my wall - I was intrigued by the fact that Eoin Hand was a player/manager there as well as being manager of Ireland. Can you imagine Liam Brady leaving the Juve lads behind to be trained by this guy who was still playing LoI games. Also the name Eoin fascinated me

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I used to have a picture of Limerick FC on my wall - I was intrigued by the fact that Eoin Hand was a player/manager there as well as being manager of Ireland. Can you imagine Liam Brady leaving the Juve lads behind to be trained by this guy who was still playing LoI games. Also the name Eoin fascinated me
    Sam Allardyce also managed them, before he became Big Sam I think.

And obviously before he was a world class manager.

p.e. Eoin Hand has just had his book published, a decent read of a different era by all accounts.

Sam Allardyce also managed them, before he became Big Sam I think.

And obviously before he was a world class manager.

p.e. Eoin Hand has just had his book published, a decent read of a different era by all accounts.
    He was indeed - player manager as well. Gone off them by then. Will look out for the Hand book (see what I did there) - sounds intriguing