Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I think I might begin suporting Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am no fan of the Yankee but equally I am unsure what exactly he can be accused of having done wrong.

The manager has been backed financially over recent years, perhaps not as much as some may want but the money has been there. If you think Mustafi is **** or that Xhaka has been a let-down then you cannot blame SK on this. Summer 2017 and the whole Sanchez/Lemar debacle was like a football Carry On movie but then again not sure that is down to the Yankee.
    I don't think one can demand that the manager is replaced without blaming the man whose responsibility it is to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't think one can demand that the manager is replaced without blaming the man whose responsibility it is to replace him.
    To quote myself from earlier:

"Actually hold on, the decision to renew AW's contract in the summer will have come from the very top so he has fúcked up. Hurrah. "

But why would he replace AW? He is the best man to deliver good business results for Kroenke. If you think that Stan his motivated by shiny silver pots (other than the commercial windfall it may bring) then you are mistaken, I'm afraid.

If you were CEO of your own business and your MD was delivering fantastic revenue streams, keeping a long customer list going and looking to expand into new markets that were rich in potential, would you replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But why would he replace AW? He is the best man to deliver good business results for Kroenke. If you think that Stan his motivated by shiny silver pots (other than the commercial windfall it may bring) then you are mistaken, I'm afraid.

If you were CEO of your own business and your MD was delivering fantastic revenue streams, keeping a long customer list going and looking to expand into new markets that were rich in potential, would you replace him?
    Therein being the essence of the complaint, naye revolution.

He is content with doing enough. We all suspect we could be doing more, perhaps a lot more. Ultimately elite level football clubs should exist to win trophies, the whole revenue stream thing will flow as a natural consequence of this.

Therein being the essence of the complaint, naye revolution.

He is content with doing enough. We all suspect we could be doing more, perhaps a lot more. Ultimately elite level football clubs should exist to win trophies, the whole revenue stream thing will flow as a natural consequence of this.
    As a fan, I agree. But the fact is that owners make the decisions and the fact is that the owner is not a fan but an investor. It doesn't make sense for him to try and change things when his business is doing very well indeed.

As a fan, I agree. But the fact is that owners make the decisions and the fact is that the owner is not a fan but an investor. It doesn't make sense for him to try and change things when his business is doing very well indeed.
    Yes and No, as sw says, winning trophy's will generate extra income and increase profits.... but SK has a history of his teams not winning things and him not investing in them to win things... American sport is different to UK sports, no relegation, guaranteed income no matter what.

SK out (and take AW with you)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

This is the problem when football is treated as just another business. It isn't, because normal business doesn't have customers with quite such an irrational and permanent emotional affiliation with the *cough* brand *vomit*.

Our club should have custodians, not capitalists. Of course we did, but the traitors sold out for their 30 pieces of silver.

This is the problem when football is treated as just another business. It isn't, because normal business doesn't have customers with quite such an irrational and permanent emotional affiliation with the *cough* brand *vomit*.

Our club should have custodians, not capitalists. Of course we did, but the traitors sold out for their 30 pieces of silver.
    I think it was a bit more than that, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes and No, as sw says, winning trophy's will generate extra income and increase profits.... but SK has a history of his teams not winning things and him not investing in them to win things... American sport is different to UK sports, no relegation, guaranteed income no matter what.

SK out (and take AW with you)
    Right. But we already make plenty of money, albeit through television deals rather than winning trophies, and the best manager we've ever had is already in place. So, why change anything.

Also, we mustn't forget that Wenger's magical (in football anyway) ability to balance the transfer fees & players' wages books was the reason we hired Him in the first place; nothing to do with Kroenke.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I am no fan of the Yankee but equally I am unsure what exactly he can be accused of having done wrong.

The manager has been backed financially over recent years, perhaps not as much as some may want but the money has been there. If you think Mustafi is **** or that Xhaka has been a let-down then you cannot blame SK on this. Summer 2017 and the whole Sanchez/Lemar debacle was like a football Carry On movie but then again not sure that is down to the Yankee.
    Well we dont know what some of our strange summer behaviours are down to. Nevertheless, strange they have been.....

I wasnt specifically criticising him, just pointing out that his record in ownership is not one that would have a fan salivating......