Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Yesterday I took my usual walk into the West End from Victoria.

Yesterday I took my usual walk into the West End from Victoria.

Past Buckingham Palace, through St James's Park to Birdcage Walk, past King Charles St and Horseguards Parade, the Admiralty and Trafalgar Square, and it struck me that as an expression of Imperial power, London really does a rather good job.

I eyes filled with patriotic tears as I considered the Great Men who built this nation; The Duke of Wellington, Nelson, Churchill, William Hague. Surely their courage, steadfastness and devotion to duty burns in the soul of every true Englishman?

I think everything's going to be alright after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Past Buckingham Palace, through St James's Park to Birdcage Walk, past King Charles St and Horseguards Parade, the Admiralty and Trafalgar Square, and it struck me that as an expression of Imperial power, London really does a rather good job.

I eyes filled with patriotic tears as I considered the Great Men who built this nation; The Duke of Wellington, Nelson, Churchill, William Hague. Surely their courage, steadfastness and devotion to duty burns in the soul of every true Englishman?

I can't believe you missed out the Duke of York. He had ten thousand men.

Marched them up to the top of the hill,
    And he marched them down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

what a sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    what a sexist.
    Mind you, if he 'had ten thousand men' he might have had a sore willy after all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

This is Britain's Problem Sir C bit like Arsenal stuck in the past living on past glories

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This is Britain's Problem Sir C bit like Arsenal stuck in the past living on past glories
    The glory is very much current, f. We are a strong, stable, wealthy democracy. wd us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Yes. Of course that song was designed to mock a military engagement in the Netherlands in which the Duke of York made such a balls of things that quite a lot his 10,000 men died of cold and starvation

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Of course that song was designed to mock a military engagement in the Netherlands in which the Duke of York made such a balls of things that quite a lot his 10,000 men died of cold and starvation
    Yet he still gets a statue on the Mall.