Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A comment I heard on the radio this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Careful, p. You've gone a bit

Attachment 779
    I wasnt being entirely serious.

How does Sir C feel about the term Airplane?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You honestly think that doesnt happen? Have you never seen a prison film?

The point is that the aspect of control is the link between rape and knee touching. If you were to believe that the knee touching is actually just a clumsy move on a woman you fancy then there is no link.

Dont accuse me of mainsplaining again. You are not even a woman
    I thought that was quite funny actually, when he thanked you for mansplaining. And stop oppressing Monty by saying she can't be a woman.

Perhaps there's another reason for knees getting touched beyond power and the 'clumsy move' - it might be sensually pleasurable in itself, enhanced by the forbidden nature of the act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I thought that was quite funny actually, when he thanked you for mansplaining. And stop oppressing Monty by saying she can't be a woman.

Perhaps there's another reason for knees getting touched beyond power and the 'clumsy move' - it might be sensually pleasurable in itself, enhanced by the forbidden nature of the act.
    I did once hold a woman's hand because she was trembling and in fear for her life- to be fair, someone had just tried to kill her with a hammer.

I received a verbal, fairly friendly warning to 'watch myself' in future. She wrote me a thank you letter for a)saving her life and b) comforting her in a moment of outright terror.

I got off lightly there.

I did once hold a woman's hand because she was trembling and in fear for her life- to be fair, someone had just tried to kill her with a hammer.

I received a verbal, fairly friendly warning to 'watch myself' in future. She wrote me a thank you letter for a)saving her life and b) comforting her in a moment of outright terror.

I got off lightly there.
    So she first told you off and later thanked you? Or was the warning from someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So she first told you off and later thanked you? Or was the warning from someone else?
    The warning was from a colleague who thought my actions were 'risky'. THe woman squeezed hold of my hand like she was giving birth. I thought it was a justified and appropriate offer of comfort. In my defence, I hadn't been trained in 'rape culture' in those days.

Also worth pointing out that I did NOT save her life. Two large chaps on their way back from the gym saved her by dragging the hammer-wielding lunatic off her.

The warning was from a colleague who thought my actions were 'risky'. THe woman squeezed hold of my hand like she was giving birth. I thought it was a justified and appropriate offer of comfort. In my defence, I hadn't been trained in 'rape culture' in those days.

Also worth pointing out that I did NOT save her life. Two large chaps on their way back from the gym saved her by dragging the hammer-wielding lunatic off her.
    You showed her your winkie, didn't you?

Out of interest, p, have you ever held anyone’s hand when they were giving birth?

And then you sought to take advantage. This is absolutely sickening. Consider me appalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Out of interest, p, have you ever held anyone’s hand when they were giving birth?
    No, but I have seen it in films and the like. Looks pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You showed her your winkie, didn't you?
    No. My thoughts turned quite quickly to the whereabouts of the gentleman with the hammer.