Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A comment I heard on the radio this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Rape is not about sex, its about control.
    Hmmm. I think it is a bit about sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmm. I think it is a bit about sex.
    Its in there somewhere...

Its in there somewhere...
    I think the whole 'rape isn't about sex' thing is a comforting lie we all tell ourselves so that we can distance the thing that we do with our wives and girlfriends (may they never meet) from what the rapist does. However, that ignores the fact that the rapist is just as motivated by lust and desire for sexual gratification (however that may be engendered) as we are when we 'make love'.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Firstly, I obviously agree. Secondly, I don't actually think anyone is suggesting they should be treated the same in any meaningful way. That's a bit of a straw man. No-one thinks a man who touches a woman's knee should be jailed.

A lot of people are pushing back against the idea that hands on knees are trivial because that doesn't tackle the 'culture' of masculinity that we both acknowledge exists. But anyone sane and worth listening to KNOWS it's trivial. The divergence comes when people claim that we need to have a zero tolerance approach to ANY expression of masculine sexuality in ORDER to tackle the more serious stuff.

We both think this is ****ing stupid.
    I attended a function and sat at a large round table with two women either side of me. They both began stroking my thigh beneath the table cloth, completely without provocation and independent of each other.
    I recall being slightly drunk at the time but amidst the fog, my biggest problem was how to extricate myself from this little menage a trois and leave each of them feeling they could leave with both of their dignities intact.
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I attended a function and sat at a large round table with two women either side of me. They both began stroking my thigh beneath the table cloth, completely without provocation and independent of each other.
    I recall being slightly drunk at the time but amidst the fog, my biggest problem was how to extricate myself from this little menage a trois and leave each of them feeling they could leave with both of their dignities intact.
    :-/
    The way you've written that suggests that they were stroking the same thigh.

I think the whole 'rape isn't about sex' thing is a comforting lie we all tell ourselves so that we can distance the thing that we do with our wives and girlfriends (may they never meet) from what the rapist does. However, that ignores the fact that the rapist is just as motivated by lust and desire for sexual gratification (however that may be engendered) as we are when we 'make love'.
    Well it becomes hugely confused when the rape in question is part of a what the chap may believe, rightly or wrongly, is consensual sex. I think it relates more closely to your old school rapist, the predator who actually attacks a woman.

THere are also two women either side of him. He was on for a five-way and turned it down?!

Well it becomes hugely confused when the rape in question is part of a what the chap may believe, rightly or wrongly, is consensual sex. I think it relates more closely to your old school rapist, the predator who actually attacks a woman.
    Sure, but there's still lust and desire for sexual gratification there as well. It may come from a very wrong place, but it's the same set of chemicals.

THere are also two women either side of him. He was on for a five-way and turned it down?!

Christ, I think I'd turn down a five-way. A two-way is struggle enough these days.

They were his mum and his gran..... both like the right leg more i believe
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar