Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
First, I don't think you can accurately join the Republicans and Trump at the hip since they don't really get along.

2) the actual money laundering charges directed at Manafort relate to his Ukraine activities from 2006_2014.

3) Part of the scheme to promote Ukraine's attempt to cozy up to the EU and the west involved the hiring of the Podesta Group. Tony resigned Monday. That's about as Democrat as you can get.

4). This is what draining the swamp looks like. Mueller is doing Trump's work for him in some ways.

5). If this keeps up Trump will win 48 states in 2020. Only California and Hawaii are unattainable.
I disagree with you. I think the Repubs will get knocked back in 2018 and that this will diminish Trump. He could indeed win re-election but we'll just have to wait and see. As far as draining the swamp, this seems to suggest hiring a bunch of pool cleaners. In a way it *does drain the swamp, because these people had no contacts in the industry. They were not in a position to be corrupted. So we can give Trump credit for that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.9b39658fcbee