Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: My brain is friggin melting after all the sh!t that went down today.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Completely wiped the floor with the Trump government. Trump I think will survive, but that's about it.
    What planet are you living on. sir?

  2. #12
    How does what he did in 2010-2014 reflect on Trump? I still don't get it.

    Is he Pap now? Your BFF?

    I'm a bit disappointed in you, EGA, unless you are taking the piss and being ironic like. this is all a bit embarrassing for Mueller.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    How does what he did in 2010-2014 reflect on Trump? I still don't get it.

    Is he Pap now? Your BFF?

    I'm a bit disappointed in you, EGA, unless you are taking the piss and being ironic like. this is all a bit embarrassing for Mueller.
    It goes up to the present. And the fact that these guys were engaged in shady sh!t over the years does not reflect well on Trump or the Republicans, unless, of course, they'd been working with them over time as well. The truth will out!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It goes up to the present. And the fact that these guys were engaged in shady sh!t over the years does not reflect well on Trump or the Republicans, unless, of course, they'd been working with them over time as well. The truth will out!
    Right, e. Everyone is just guessing at this stage, even, or especially, the experts. But you can still look at the thing through your own experience and common sense, at least for the purpose of bantorous discussions such as this one.

    #maga
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It goes up to the present. And the fact that these guys were engaged in shady sh!t over the years does not reflect well on Trump or the Republicans, unless, of course, they'd been working with them over time as well. The truth will out!
    First, I don't think you can accurately join the Republicans and Trump at the hip since they don't really get along.

    2) the actual money laundering charges directed at Manafort relate to his Ukraine activities from 2006_2014.

    3) Part of the scheme to promote Ukraine's attempt to cozy up to the EU and the west involved the hiring of the Podesta Group. Tony resigned Monday. That's about as Democrat as you can get.

    4). This is what draining the swamp looks like. Mueller is doing Trump's work for him in some ways.

    5). If this keeps up Trump will win 48 states in 2020. Only California and Hawaii are unattainable.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It goes up to the present. And the fact that these guys were engaged in shady sh!t over the years does not reflect well on Trump or the Republicans, unless, of course, they'd been working with them over time as well. The truth will out!
    According to the indictment papers, Manafort is up for dodgy conduct when he was in bed with Hillary Clinton’s Podesta Bros. whose company is actually referred to in the document

    Anyway, perhaps they're just trying to shake him up a little because I've never heard of anyone going up on money-laundering charges for this sort of thing; after all, he's not a kingpin cocaine racketeer or anything like that. The idea is to get you to comply, rather than to do you for failure to comply. Otherwise, it seems to me every international businessman in America would be in jail.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    According to the indictment papers, Manafort is up for dodgy conduct when he was in bed with Hillary Clinton’s Podesta Bros. whose company is actually referred to in the document

    Anyway, perhaps they're just trying to shake him up a little because I've never heard of anyone going up on money-laundering charges for this sort of thing; after all, he's not a kingpin cocaine racketeer or anything like that. The idea is to get you to comply, rather than to do you for failure to comply. Otherwise, it seems to me every international businessman in America would be in jail.
    Look, I'm happy to be wrong. Being wrong is not the opposite of being right, more like parallel. But I had understood that he was league with Yanukovich, the corrupt Ukrainean puppet leader being backed by the Russians. The guy who was driven from his country, then fled to Russia. So that's not good. The only way that's good is if you secretly like Russia (or not so secretly) and want them to do well, with US abetting that process. From where I come in, the annexation of Crimea was some anti-democratic BS and I don't approve. Just like what they did in Georgia, etc. Give the Russk an inch and they take a verst. Right?

    I'm the one supposed to be the socialist here and here I find you all are a bunch of commie-loving so and sos. What's going on?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    First, I don't think you can accurately join the Republicans and Trump at the hip since they don't really get along.

    2) the actual money laundering charges directed at Manafort relate to his Ukraine activities from 2006_2014.

    3) Part of the scheme to promote Ukraine's attempt to cozy up to the EU and the west involved the hiring of the Podesta Group. Tony resigned Monday. That's about as Democrat as you can get.

    4). This is what draining the swamp looks like. Mueller is doing Trump's work for him in some ways.

    5). If this keeps up Trump will win 48 states in 2020. Only California and Hawaii are unattainable.
    I disagree with you. I think the Repubs will get knocked back in 2018 and that this will diminish Trump. He could indeed win re-election but we'll just have to wait and see. As far as draining the swamp, this seems to suggest hiring a bunch of pool cleaners. In a way it *does drain the swamp, because these people had no contacts in the industry. They were not in a position to be corrupted. So we can give Trump credit for that.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.9b39658fcbee

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Look, I'm happy to be wrong. Being wrong is not the opposite of being right, more like parallel. But I had understood that he was league with Yanukovich, the corrupt Ukrainean puppet leader being backed by the Russians. The guy who was driven from his country, then fled to Russia. So that's not good. The only way that's good is if you secretly like Russia (or not so secretly) and want them to do well, with US abetting that process. From where I come in, the annexation of Crimea was some anti-democratic BS and I don't approve. Just like what they did in Georgia, etc. Give the Russk an inch and they take a verst. Right?

    I'm the one supposed to be the socialist here and here I find you all are a bunch of commie-loving so and sos. What's going on?
    Hey, eastie, news for you. You're no socialist, you're a pro-ruling class lickspittle and an imperialist running dog. And Russia is not a communist country.

    That guy who you describe as being 'driven from his country' was a democratically elected leader overthrown by a fascist coup sponsored by Obama. The new leaders in Ukraine are even more corrupt and the country is worse off than it was under Yanukovich. Except you wouldn't know that because they never tell you that on CNN, WaPo, NYT, Guardian etc.

    Over 95% of Crimean people voted to leave Ukraine in a referendum after the neo-Nazis took over in Kiev, and Crimea had been Russian since Catherine the Great, until it was attached to Ukraine by the pro-Ukrainian USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev in 1954, somewhat unconstitutionally, as a "symbolic gesture".

    And you call the annexation 'anti-democratic BS' while supporting the fascist coup that precipitated it?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hey, eastie, news for you. You're no socialist, you're a pro-ruling class lickspittle and an imperialist running dog. And Russia is not a communist country.

    That guy who you describe as being 'driven from his country' was a democratically elected leader overthrown by a fascist coup sponsored by Obama. The new leaders in Ukraine are even more corrupt and the country is worse off than it was under Yanukovich. Except you wouldn't know that because they never tell you that on CNN, WaPo, NYT, Guardian etc.

    Over 95% of Crimean people voted to leave Ukraine in a referendum after the neo-Nazis took over in Kiev, and Crimea had been Russian since Catherine the Great, until it was attached to Ukraine by the pro-Ukrainian USSR leader Nikita Khrushchev in 1954, somewhat unconstitutionally, as a "symbolic gesture".

    And you call the annexation 'anti-democratic BS' while supporting the fascist coup that precipitated it?
    Let me guess, you're a Russian bot? Can I actually order a prostitute through you? I want to speak to Putin! Put Putin on the line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •