Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So for various religious reasons we have tomorrow and Wednesday off

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Is it bad? I recorded the first two, but it didn't say how many there were and it didn't let me record the series.
    It's just very plodding. Whoever wrote it seems to think that all you need to do to create historical drama is to recount the events in sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No - you are right though, a. I was surprised about it - we always got All Saints Day in Bavaria (Never Ever going to change that ... sorry) but I think the reformation day is countrywide (holidays being done on state basis rather than a national one)
    How strange to celebrate a very mediocre pop group LA, those crazy Germans eh?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My German used to be pretty good (albeit there was that slight misunderstanding in Prague that resulted in me being sexually assaulted and having to claim to be a pàedophile to get out of it). Now - although I spend loads of time there - I barely ever get to use it, since they just speak English the minute I open my mouth. As a result, I barely even bother trying beyond the basic politenesses.
    How did you come to be sexually assaulted, b? Is this something we should dedicate some time towards?

THis sounds very serious indeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    How strange to celebrate a very mediocre pop group LA, those crazy Germans eh?
    You'd Never Ever catch us doing that, bb.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    How did you come to be sexually assaulted, b? Is this something we should dedicate some time towards?

THis sounds very serious indeed.....
    A moustachioed gentleman grabbed my gentleman's area whilst polka dancing with me, p.

Sadly, it wasn't Kevin Spacey or anyone famous, so I don't think I'll get any compo out of it.

A moustachioed gentleman grabbed my gentleman's area whilst polka dancing with me, p.

Sadly, it wasn't Kevin Spacey or anyone famous, so I don't think I'll get any compo out of it.
    And how did claiming to be a ***** help? Couldn't you have simply given him a solid right hander?

I did A-Level German and only GCSE French. However, due to their respective attitudes to speaking English (and the fact that I've holidayed regularly in France, while only visiting Germany on business), my French is now much better than my German.

That said, visiting Rostock a month or so ago did mean I had to dust off the German more frequently. Clearly die Ossis are not quite as well-versed in English as the westerners.
    I did French for 8 years - still when I am searching for a word the French one comes to mind first. It is just beautiful language to speak though - utterly useless (outside France) but much nicer than German. I work with several Ossis so I know what you mean.

And how did claiming to be a ***** help? Couldn't you have simply given him a solid right hander?
    Perhaps the fella had Ben Stokes looking after him.

My vocab may have become a little confused due to drink and panic, p. While trying to explain to him that I liked girls, I may have actually said I liked 'girls'.

And there was no question of striking the poor chap. It was an honest misunderstanding probably brought about by the language barrier and I may well have been unconsciously leading the fellow on. If anything, i felt quite guilty about it - albeit not guilty enough to suck him off, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I did French for 8 years - still when I am searching for a word the French one comes to mind first. It is just beautiful language to speak though - utterly useless (outside France) but much nicer than German. I work with several Ossis so I know what you mean.
    I've used it to talk to Italians.