Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So for various religious reasons we have tomorrow and Wednesday off

So for various religious reasons we have tomorrow and Wednesday off

meaning every ****er and his wife has also taken today off - mostly it seems to go to the supermarket and stock up on food as the shops will be shut for two whole days. Lovely and quiet in the office

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    meaning every ****er and his wife has also taken today off - mostly it seems to go to the supermarket and stock up on food as the shops will be shut for two whole days. Lovely and quiet in the office
    Are you now fluent in German L?

I take it the bars and pubs remain open?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I take it the bars and pubs remain open?
    Oh Christ yes. They aren't that uncivilised

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Are you now fluent in German L?
    Nein, h. I get by but it is horrible language to speak so I try to avoid doing so. And they love speaking English

Is this to celebrate the glorious reformation that your fine country there gave the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Is this to celebrate the glorious reformation that your fine country there gave the world?
    Not sure how popular that would be in catholic Bavaria, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not sure how popular that would be in catholic Bavaria, a.
    Ah, yes. GPWM.

Luis my dear boy. I lived in the old West Germany for four years - and three years in Berlin as a teenager and yet can only manage a vulgar 'pidgin' German if pressed.

This is now a source of acute embarrassment to me and when young germans I meet through work discover I spent nearly seven years there without learning the language, I can see they dismiss me as a stubborn old mule.

I must insist you immerse yourself in study and rectify this nonsense immediately. The fewer of us speak German, the more superior they start to feel, and the highly increased likelihood of them starting off on their 'adventures' again.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Luis my dear boy. I lived in the old West Germany for four years - and three years in Berlin as a teenager and yet can only manage a vulgar 'pidgin' German if pressed.

This is now a source of acute embarrassment to me and when young germans I meet through work discover I spent nearly seven years there without learning the language, I can see they dismiss me as a stubborn old mule.

I must insist you immerse yourself in study and rectify this nonsense immediately. The fewer of us speak German, the more superior they start to feel, and the highly increased likelihood of them starting off on their 'adventures' again.
    My German used to be pretty good (albeit there was that slight misunderstanding in Prague that resulted in me being sexually assaulted and having to claim to be a pàedophile to get out of it). Now - although I spend loads of time there - I barely ever get to use it, since they just speak English the minute I open my mouth. As a result, I barely even bother trying beyond the basic politenesses.