Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking of pubs, I just discovered that the King's Head on Enfield High St -

Talking of pubs, I just discovered that the King's Head on Enfield High St -

rather than being the dire shíthole it appears from the outside - is actually a beautifully preserved Victorian pub with a classic horseshoe bar, wooden floors and a rather splendid art deco back/dining room. Decent pint of London Glory. Proper old pub.

the-kings-head.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    rather than being the dire shíthole it appears from the outside - is actually a beautifully preserved Victorian pub with a classic horseshoe bar, wooden floors and a rather splendid art deco back/dining room. Decent pint of London Glory. Proper old pub.

the-kings-head.jpg
    Try it on a Saturday night, b. You'll want to stab yourself in the face.

Bob Dylan's Oxford Town could have been written about Enfield Town....proper, old school **** hole.

the-kings-head.jpg
    How is the wine list?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Bob Dylan's Oxford Town could have been written about Enfield Town....proper, old school **** hole.
    Everywhere's a shíthole or full of cůnts according to you, though, tbf.

It's almost as if you were a little bit of a curmudgeon.

the-kings-head.jpg
    I like London Glory. Pic of the art deco room?

It's quite gentrified these days. It's got rather a good market with a variety of ethnic food stalls, plus Pearson's, which is rather a good department store. There's even an artisan butchers there.

Unfortunately, there's also a Tottenham club shop dragging the tone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I like London Glory. Pic of the art deco room?
    This doesn't quite do it justice, but gives an idea

x2217-0071-1030x648.jpgx2217-0071-1030x648.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How is the wine list?
    I imagine it's OK. But it's a pub, see? Pubs aren't for wine.

tbh a lot of pubs are **** on a Saturday night, because they are full of people who go out on a Saturday night. A Gentleman should avoid them. Get pissed on a Saturday afternoon and home for 8 to watch telly. Then go out on a Sunday afternoon when all the ****s have gone home

I imagine it's OK. But it's a pub, see? Pubs aren't for wine.
    Tepid dishwater, is it?