Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You weren't there, man.
    Were you doing the wobbly head thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THe Emirates Lounge at Dubai is hardly a hovel. Everyone sleeps on the second flight.....
    And they've just upgraded it, depending on when you last saw it.

Their champagne bar there was most excellent. Lots of vintage champage, some Michelin star level nibbles to tide you over until you get on the flight.

Quite marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Were you doing the wobbly head thing?
    No, of course I wasn't.

Maybe a little.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You think the UAE is a Wahhabi autocracy?

You really haven't visited it, have you?
    Well most Emiratis are Wahabbis and it's definitely an autocracy, so...yes.

The really depressing thing about flying regularly is calculating how much time you have wasted hanging around in fücking airports. The closer the reaper's blade gets to me, the more I resent this.
    They can be soul destroying. There have been several times I have spent 3 or 4 hours sitting in the lounge at Dubai, on my way home from a long and hellish week of work. Alone, exhausted, aching, and nursing a nasty lager, 12 hours into your journey and still 12 hours from home, I will admit I have been close to tears on a number of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, of course I wasn't.

Maybe a little.
    Yeah. To be fair, if you'd got a bit stabbed, you'd probably have deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And they've just upgraded it, depending on when you last saw it.

Their champagne bar there was most excellent. Lots of vintage champage, some Michelin star level nibbles to tide you over until you get on the flight.

Quite marvelous.
    Which part of the terminal? The A gates one is excellent, the B gates lounge has been pretty ****e for years.

THe smoking bar in the A gates lounge is wonderfully comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They can be soul destroying. There have been several times I have spent 3 or 4 hours sitting in the lounge at Dubai, on my way home from a long and hellish week of work. Alone, exhausted, aching, and nursing a nasty lager, 12 hours into your journey and still 12 hours from home, I will admit I have been close to tears on a number of occasions.
    I remember waiting for a flight at fück o'clock in the morning from Changhi where the booze wasn't even making a dent and I was finding the stupid little river they have running through the airport really fücking irritating. And - if I can say this without sounding racist (hint: I probably can't) I was really sick of being surrounded by chinesers.

I was at a low ebb.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-30-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Well most Emiratis are Wahabbis and it's definitely an autocracy, so...yes.
    You think the people in the UAE lead their lives according to Wahhabism in a way similar to, as an example, Saudi does?

That would be the UAE where women work, drive, walk around uncovered and where almost a third of the members of parliament are women?

Yeah. To be fair, if you'd got a bit stabbed, you'd probably have deserved it.
    That seems harsh.