Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Dubai is a shíthole as well you know. Being in an airline lounge doesn't alter the fact that you're in a shíthole, having been dragged from the cosy nest you made at Heathrow. Now you're going to have to make a new nest, aren't you?

I just don't understand it. If you were driving to Birmingham, would you choose to go via Luton, chnage to a different car, and then continue? If you were getting a train to Glasgow, would you choose a train going direct, or would you choose to change at Newark, sitting in the waiting room on platform 3 for 3 hours? If so, why?
    Clearly, if you are travelling business class it is a toss up. In economy, the break in a 13/14 hour flight is quite welcome, particularly when the alternative is to sit uninterrupted in a BA seat designed for people with no legs.

BA is far, far from perfect, but to describe it as 'arguably the worst national carrier in the world' in the face of competition from Aeroflot, Garuda and whichever is supposed to be the US flag carrier is bizarre.
    American airlines mystify me. Here is a nation that prides itself on customer service, comfort and insincere sliminess, but is apparently incapable of running an airline that doesn't make you feel like you're being transported to a death camp and giving you the impression that the cabin crew fiercely resent your presence on their aeroplane. It's bizarre.

BA is far, far from perfect, but to describe it as 'arguably the worst national carrier in the world' in the face of competition from Aeroflot, Garuda and whichever is supposed to be the US flag carrier is bizarre.
    I suppose you have a point. It is quite rare for BA to beat up their own customers, although their economy seat is not a million miles away from a slow form of torture.

I do accept their Premium Economy and Business class is quite good. THeir economy really is utterly awful though, with some of their fleet providing the worst legroom of all major airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    American airlines mystify me. Here is a nation that prides itself on customer service, comfort and insincere sliminess, but is apparently incapable of running an airline that doesn't make you feel like you're being transported to a death camp and giving you the impression that the cabin crew fiercely resent your presence on their aeroplane. It's bizarre.
    The fella on the plane that I was on was some throwback to the past.
    'what can I get for you guy?'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suppose you have a point. It is quite rare for BA to beat up their own customers, although their economy seat is not a million miles away from a slow form of torture.

I do accept their Premium Economy and Business class is quite good. THeir economy really is utterly awful though, with some of their fleet providing the worst legroom of all major airlines.
    Well, if you're choosing to fly in economy it's self-inflicted and I shall offer you no further sympathy.

Well, if you're choosing to fly in economy it's self-inflicted and I shall offer you no further sympathy.
    I'm not really choosing it, it is a company decision. Nevertheless, the comparison in product between BA and the airlines you wouldn't touch with a barge pole still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The fella on the plane that I was on was some throwback to the past.
    'what can I get for you guy?'
    Some cheapskate company once made me fly US Airways - they were fücking awful. Mind you, I subsequently discovered that AA, Delta and United were even worse. I remember someone booking me to fly over on Virgin instead and I almost cried with gratitude.

I will never waste money on flying different classes.
    I suspect whatever class I fly it will be a horrible experience.

Once you've flown business you'll never go back, f. It's an expensive habit, sadly, but the difference (on a long haul flight) is absolute.

It changes a pain in the árse experience into a pleasure.

Reading this thread just convinces me that if I ever have to fly long distance again I will probably be leaving the vehicle in handcuffs.

There is nothing at the end of a long flight that is worth taking a long flight for imo.