Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    All run by foreigners and they are the best airlines out there.

Air Emirates is easily the best airline I have ever flown and business class on the A380s is quite astonishing.

Just upgraded all four of us on our way back from the UAE. Worth every penny. Oh yes.
    If you love vulgar, oil-rich Wahhabi muslim autocracies with appalling human rights records so much, why don't you just marry one?

Air Emirates is easily the best airline I have ever flown and business class on the A380s is quite astonishing.

Just upgraded all four of us on our way back from the UAE. Worth every penny. Oh yes.
    Right. So you get in your business class seat at Heathrow, enjoy your meal and a movie, feel a little snoozy, put on your jim jams, convert the seat into a bed and... oh look, it's time to land in some desert hovel to get on your next flight. But no matter, you get on board, have a nice meal and watch some old episodes of Mr Bean, pop your jim jams on and prepare for a snooze.

Oh. You're almost at Singapore.

What a waste of a good bed.

Emirates are indeed an outstanding airline. Even the economy on the A380 is bearable, although they have recently nicked an inch of legroom in their newest configuration. The business class is outstanding.

BA is arguably the worst national carrier in the world- certainly for economy class. THe PRemium isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Right. So you get in your business class seat at Heathrow, enjoy your meal and a movie, feel a little snoozy, put on your jim jams, convert the seat into a bed and... oh look, it's time to land in some desert hovel to get on your next flight. But no matter, you get on board, have a nice meal and watch some old episodes of Mr Bean, pop your jim jams on and prepare for a snooze.

Oh. You're almost at Singapore.

What a waste of a good bed.
    THe Emirates Lounge at Dubai is hardly a hovel. Everyone sleeps on the second flight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THe Emirates Lounge at Dubai is hardly a hovel. Everyone sleeps on the second flight.....
    To be fair, any layover at all is a cünt. I just want to get on a plane and stay there until it gets me where I need to be.

Dubai is a shíthole as well you know. Being in an airline lounge doesn't alter the fact that you're in a shíthole, having been dragged from the cosy nest you made at Heathrow. Now you're going to have to make a new nest, aren't you?

I just don't understand it. If you were driving to Birmingham, would you choose to go via Luton, chnage to a different car, and then continue? If you were getting a train to Glasgow, would you choose a train going direct, or would you choose to change at Newark, sitting in the waiting room on platform 3 for 3 hours? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, any layover at all is a cünt. I just want to get on a plane and stay there until it gets me where I need to be.
    Wait, apparently the glamour of an airline lounge makes it all worthwhile.

Emirates are indeed an outstanding airline. Even the economy on the A380 is bearable, although they have recently nicked an inch of legroom in their newest configuration. The business class is outstanding.

BA is arguably the worst national carrier in the world- certainly for economy class. THe PRemium isn't bad.
    BA is far, far from perfect, but to describe it as 'arguably the worst national carrier in the world' in the face of competition from Aeroflot, Garuda and whichever is supposed to be the US flag carrier is bizarre.

BA is far, far from perfect, but to describe it as 'arguably the worst national carrier in the world' in the face of competition from Aeroflot, Garuda and whichever is supposed to be the US flag carrier is bizarre.
    You didn't even mention Aer Lingus

It's weird I've flown United, Delta, American lots of times and it always seems to be different.
    I flew on a 787 with United this time and it wasn't very nice. The seats wouldn't go back and those new dimming windows suck as it never goes completely dark so you have light shining. Poor entertainment choices too. and the seats/table were dirty.

American basic,

Delta, bit better, at least they gave me those hot towel things when we got on.