Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a commie airline. You're basically Jane Fonda.
    Phwooooooooar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a 787 and a flat bed, so it's hard to complain, but the food and the service won't be as good as BA
    Blagged my way into Business for a Qatar Airways flight to Oz when I had to go out and say goodbye to my old fella.

I'd been assured by a know-nought that there would be no alcohol served on the flight.

As I settled into the comfort of the seat/bed contraption the stewardess asked if needed anything and I said "well a scotch would be nice but I understand you don't serve booze"...."We can serve whisky 10 minutes after take off" she assured me "but til then I can only offer champagne I'm afraid".

I reluctantly accepted the champers

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Phwooooooooar
    Difficult to tell her apart from Henry these days L

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Blagged my way into Business for a Qatar Airways flight to Oz when I had to go out and say goodbye to my old fella.

I'd been assured by a know-nought that there would be no alcohol served on the flight.

As I settled into the comfort of the seat/bed contraption the stewardess asked if needed anything and I said "well a scotch would be nice but I understand you don't serve booze"...."We can serve whisky 10 minutes after take off" she assured me "but til then I can only offer champagne I'm afraid".

I reluctantly accepted the champers
    There's no way you'd get me on one of those middle eastern airlines, h.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Phwooooooooar
    Here she is goofing around (in a slightly racist way) with people who are actively trying to kill her fellow Americans.

6AB85AD5-4DB1-4E51-97B1-5E670842924C.jpg

I still don’t really get how she pretty much got away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, stop it.

Being healthy is good within limits, of course. But saving money for the sake of it is silly.

Money isn't worth anything until you spend it, as they say.
    I am looking at it differently. Rather than struggle all the time (i'm not actually struggling that much)
    a year of being a tight arse will mean I can be a lot more comfortable and have less stress later.

If you were offered Business for less that the cost of Economy you'd scuttle on board like a cockroach under torchlight c

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    If you were offered Business for less that the cost of Economy you'd scuttle on board like a cockroach under torchlight c
    Nonsense. I would stand by my principles and pay for Business with a decent christian airline. Or buddhist, I don't mind buddhist airlines.

All run by foreigners and they are the best airlines out there.

Air Emirates is easily the best airline I have ever flown and business class on the A380s is quite astonishing.

Just upgraded all four of us on our way back from the UAE. Worth every penny. Oh yes.