Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which part of the terminal? The A gates one is excellent, the B gates lounge has been pretty ****e for years.

THe smoking bar in the A gates lounge is wonderfully comfortable.
    Think it was the B gates, and it was excellent. New since the last time I used it. I'm there again next week as I travel - sadly - to India.

God help me

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That seems harsh.
    I'm very tough on cultural appropriation these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember waiting for a flight at fück o'clock in the morning from Changhi where the booze wasn't even making a dent and I was finding the stupid little river they have running through the airport really fücking irritating. And - if I can say this without sounding racist (hint: I probably can't) I was really sick of being surrounded by chinesers.

I was at a low ebb.
    It can be incredibly lonely while at the same time there is a tremendous hatred for the fact that you are surrounded by people with no privacy.

I always take a shower in the lounge, just to give my poor aching feet a soak. And just to sit in the shower room on my own for a while. It helps, but I still feel like killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember waiting for a flight at fück o'clock in the morning from Changhi where the booze wasn't even making a dent and I was finding the stupid little river they have running through the airport really fücking irritating. And - if I can say this without sounding racist (hint: I probably can't) I was really sick of being surrounded by chinesers.

I was at a low ebb.
    Changi's depressing because it's the ultimate expression of what is, in effect Nazi, efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Think it was the B gates, and it was excellent. New since the last time I used it. I'm there again next week as I travel - sadly - to India.

God help me
    Indians, as lovely as they may be, have no ****ing idea how to behave on an aeroplane. They become almost feral.

You think the people in the UAE lead their lives according to Wahhabism in a way similar to, as an example, Saudi does?

That would be the UAE where women work, drive, walk around uncovered and where almost a third of the members of parliament are women?

OK, but it IS Wahabbi and it IS an autocracy. So my point stands.

Flogging for adultery and stoning are legal there. Homosexuality is punishable by death.

Being the most liberal gulf oil state is very much the equivalent of boasting about being the world's tallest dwarf.

God help me
    I'm so praying for you to get the full-on Gandhi's revenge...

Changi's depressing because it's the ultimate expression of what is, in effect Nazi, efficiency.
    Still, there is a fairly pleasant roof garden smoking area. That takes up a cosy five minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Still, there is a fairly pleasant roof garden smoking area. That takes up a cosy five minutes or so.
    It's always rammed with loud Australians, in my experience. Mind you, it's nice that there's a bar.

Yeah. It's also crawling with fücking Australians, which doesn't help.

The river was really bothering me for some reason. I think the simulacrum of nature only served to emphasise the ersatz sterility of the whole place and the unreal, unsettling nature of the whole experience of commercial air travel.