Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm so praying for you to get the full-on Gandhi's revenge...
    Oh have no fear about that, Charles.

it's nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's always rammed with loud Australians, in my experience. Mind you, it's nice that there's a bar.

The word 'loud' is redundant there.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. It's also crawling with fücking Australians, which doesn't help.

The river was really bothering me for some reason. I think the simulacrum of nature only served to emphasise the ersatz sterility of the whole place and the unreal, unsettling nature of the whole experience of commercial air travel.
    He signs for the smoking areas are more than a little baffling. You can end up walking round in circles.

OK, but it IS Wahabbi and it IS an autocracy. So my point stands.

Flogging for adultery and stoning are legal there. Homosexuality is punishable by death.

Being the most liberal gulf oil state is very much the equivalent of boasting about being the world's tallest dwarf.
    Some truth to that but it's an overstatement, it isn't that bad from what I've seen.

Interesting side note, you know how the BBC always called ISIS, the Islamic State but virtually never uses 'Daesh'? Almost like they don't want to offend them.

In the papers in the UAE they are almost exclusively referred to as Daesh. I always find it fascinating reading their newspapers, most illuminating. Before I steam into the lagers and mojitos at the swim up bar, of course.

UAE

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He signs for the smoking areas are more than a little baffling. You can end up walking round in circles.
    I was there extremely late one night when there was nothing open serving food except a Burger King, and the offerings in the lounge had been on display for many hours.

I went hungry

The word 'loud' is redundant there.
    They also infest the Long Bar at Raffles

That is something for which I'm really quite grateful to Sky, actually. Their coverage has removed any possible need for me ever to have to travel to Australia.
    Pity it'll be on BT Sport this time round