Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking of celebratory dinner wrongness.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    But I would have to fly my mother or one of my sisters over to cook it. That's the complicated bit
    I am sure that a renaissance man such as yourself is well capable of knocking up a roast dinner, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    But I would have to fly my mother or one of my sisters over to cook it. That's the complicated bit
    And your mum's quite busy being roasted herself
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but it's a bit foreign, isn't it? It's not a decent English roast.
    No. The Germans also have a very unfortunate habit of sometimes simply presenting one with a huge and frankly off-putting lump of mea, which is antithetical to the roast.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. The Germans also have a very unfortunate habit of sometimes simply presenting one with a huge and frankly off-putting lump of mea, which is antithetical to the roast.
    You find the Schweinshaxe 'off-putting'? It's nothing to do with a roast, granted, but it is a magnificent other thing entirely.

Indeed, a 'haxe with sauerkraut and Kartoffelsalat might be one of the finest lunches available in mainland Europe.

You find the Schweinshaxe 'off-putting'? It's nothing to do with a roast, granted, but it is a magnificent other thing entirely.

Indeed, a 'haxe with sauerkraut and Kartoffelsalat might be one of the finest lunches available in mainland Europe.
    it is undeniably an unsettling-looking thing, I think. And, when all's said and done, it's just an unadorned lump of pork. One has to be in the right mood to grapple with it.

Surely you can buy a chicken there, la, or a rib of beef? And lard must be available, Christ on a bike there must be gallons of rendered pork fat produced in Munich every day.
    I'm going 1 x beef and 1 x duck this year. Re: the beef - what should I be asking my butcher for?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm going 1 x beef and 1 x duck this year. Re: the beef - what should I be asking my butcher for?
    A chined rib, obviously.

1 duck won't go around many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You want a rib of beef. A minimum of 4 bones.

However, I would advise defenestrating the duck and replacing it with God's own honest goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A chined rib, obviously.

1 duck won't go around many people.
    Oh I wouldn't chine it. The crispy tendony bits on the bones are the perfect chef's treat whilst carving.

You want a rib of beef. A minimum of 4 bones.

However, I would advise defenestrating the duck and replacing it with God's own honest goose.
    Can I comfortably feed five with 4 bones of rib? Not really sure how much meat comes on a beef rib, to be honest.