Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking of celebratory dinner wrongness.....

Talking of celebratory dinner wrongness.....

I like to think I am a fairly tolerant person, b, but if can't have pigs in blankets what is the ****ing point of living

Cultural appropriation much?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I like to think I am a fairly tolerant person, b, but if can't have pigs in blankets what is the ****ing point of living
    Well quite. Pork and booze are pretty fücking central to Christmas. Ham, ps-in-bs, bacon on the turkey, lard to cook the roast potatoes, sausage meat in the stuffing. And as for drink, you're basically drinking from breakfast time onwards - and that's without all the booze in the trifle, Christmas pudding, mince pies, etc.

Muslim Christmas would - and I can say this without fear of contradiction - be fùcking wánk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Cultural appropriation much?

More pressingly, can we not even trust The Daily Mail to resist the tide of islamic cultural imperialism?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well quite. Pork and booze are pretty fücking central to Christmas. Ham, ps-in-bs, bacon on the turkey, lard to cook the roast potatoes, sausage meat in the stuffing. And as for drink, you're basically drinking from breakfast time onwards - and that's without all the booze in the trifle, Christmas pudding, mince pies, etc.

Muslim Christmas would - and I can say this without fear of contradiction - be fùcking wánk.
    Indeed. Christ I am hungry now though. Haven't had a proper roast for ages - last Christmas in fact. Alcohol not so much of a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed. Christ I am hungry now though. Haven't had a proper roast for ages - last Christmas in fact. Alcohol not so much of a problem
    Surely you can buy a chicken there, la, or a rib of beef? And lard must be available, Christ on a bike there must be gallons of rendered pork fat produced in Munich every day.

Surely you can buy a chicken there, la, or a rib of beef? And lard must be available, Christ on a bike there must be gallons of rendered pork fat produced in Munich every day.
    Rostbraten happens there, surely?

But I would have to fly my mother or one of my sisters over to cook it. That's the complicated bit

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Rostbraten happens there, surely?
    Yes, but it's a bit foreign, isn't it? It's not a decent English roast.