Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Kevin Spacey 'coming out' in any way news?

How is Kevin Spacey 'coming out' in any way news?

Surely absolutely everyone knew he was a pillow-biter?

I certainly don't know how this revelation of non-news is supposed to distract from his apparent attempt to drunkenly bum a 14 year-old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I certainly don't know how this revelation of non-news is supposed to distract from his apparent attempt to drunkenly bum a 14 year-old boy.
    What's truly bizarre is that no one is even bothering to deny anything now, secure in the knowledge that denial orconfession amount to the same thing: once an allegation has been made, guilt is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What's truly bizarre is that no one is even bothering to deny anything now, secure in the knowledge that denial orconfession amount to the same thing: once an allegation has been made, guilt is confirmed.
    The trick is flatly to deny any suggestion of illegal activity while going full 'Mea Culpa' on questions of poor (but, crucially, non-criminal) sexual etiquette.

It's a funny little dance that's being performed. It will change nothing.

The trick is flatly to deny any suggestion of illegal activity while going full 'Mea Culpa' on questions of poor (but, crucially, non-criminal) sexual etiquette.

It's a funny little dance that's being performed. It will change nothing.
    But what is poor sexual etiquette? Your man who sent his assistant to buy a dildo and called her 'sugar tits' was a bit crass, certainly, but he's being painted with the sexual predator brush.

I heard a group of bummers on the radio complaining about homophobia at football matches. He said, given that it doesnt happen at other sports, that it 'speaks volumes about the type of people who go to football matches'.....

'The type of people'......what type would that be? So we are still allowed to make derogatory remarks about 'types' of people? Just as long as it isn't your 'type of people', ie poofters.

But what is poor sexual etiquette? Your man who sent his assistant to buy a dildo and called her 'sugar tits' was a bit crass, certainly, but he's being painted with the sexual predator brush.
    Yes, but he is a minister who nobody has heard of and must therefore set an example to the public who, up until now, were completely ignorant of his existence.

Yes. What was a clear and obvious line between being a bit of a dick and criminal behaviour is being very deliberately blurred to the point where there is no moral distinction between a man who makes a suggestive comment and an actual rapist. Very soon, that blurring will take in even less radical things than that.
    This is already happening. Increasingly, one is seeing articles and statements by women that this is about men as a whole. And that, of course, is the agenda: to portray normal male behaviour as sinister and predatory - to effectively criminalise maleness as 'toxic'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I heard a group of bummers on the radio complaining about homophobia at football matches. He said, given that it doesnt happen at other sports, that it 'speaks volumes about the type of people who go to football matches'.....

'The type of people'......what type would that be? So we are still allowed to make derogatory remarks about 'types' of people? Just as long as it isn't your 'type of people', ie poofters.
    Oh, yes. Denigration by category is absolutely acceptable for white, heterosexual males. Class categories are equally fair game. These days if you're a lefty, you can even mock the white working classes as 'thick' if they vote the wrong way in a referendum.

Oh, yes. Denigration by category is absolutely acceptable for white, heterosexual males. Class categories are equally fair game. These days if you're a lefty, you can even mock the white working classes as 'thick' if they vote the wrong way in a referendum.
    Well when you are, like me, a chinese person of non specific gender it's even worse. People continue to make crass jokes about slitty eyes and slanty fannies and even at the dinner parties of the Islington apparatchiks they spout raucous doggerel like,

Ching Chong China-man,
    made a sausage roll
    Told his wife to touch her toes
    and stuck it up her 'ole

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well when you are, like me, a chinese person of non specific gender it's even worse. People continue to make crass jokes about slitty eyes and slanty fannies and even at the dinner parties of the Islington apparatchiks they spout raucous doggerel like,

Ching Chong China-man,
    made a sausage roll
    Told his wife to touch her toes
    and stuck it up her 'ole
    This is sad to hear, h. Still, I imagine all the wilyness and inscrutability makes up for it, eh?

Although your absolutely minuscule manhood must be problematic, no?
    Last edited by Burney; 10-30-2017 at 10:29 AM.