Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I really need a new hobby, I just don't understand this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Talking of gardening, I've got a conservatory full of butternut squash. Does anyone want any? It's starting to look quite sinister.
    Bleeurgh. Nasty stuff. You didn't grow it, did you?

The glw required sweet potato mash the other day. Obviously I complied. Bleeurgh again. What is it with eating sweet things with dinner? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

The glw required sweet potato mash the other day. Obviously I complied. Bleeurgh again. What is it with eating sweet things with dinner? I don't get it.
    I did. I only got my allotment in late April, so it was a question of what I could grow in the time available. I now have about 50 of the fücking things hardening up and looking like extreme sex toys.

It makes excellent soup with just a little curry powder or smoked paprika to help it along. It's also quite nice stuffed into ravioli.

I may have deeply offended an American chef yesterday when he was telling me about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and mentioned sweet potatoes. I think I stopped ranting about how they were essentially the devil's food about 20 minutes later (this was at the end of a very long evening)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I may have deeply offended an American chef yesterday when he was telling me about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and mentioned sweet potatoes. I think I stopped ranting about how they were essentially the devil's food about 20 minutes later (this was at the end of a very long evening)
    They're not potatoes and shouldn't be allowed to masquerade as such, la.

Americans also eat something called 'candied yams' with their dinner. I've no idea what these are, but they sound utterly disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    'American chef' Americans know nothing of food, la, beyond their skill with beefburgers and barbecued meats.

See: pancakes with syrup and bacon for brekfast. 'Grits'. Corn-fed beef.

Americans also eat something called 'candied yams' with their dinner. I've no idea what these are, but they sound utterly disgusting.
    Yams are sweet potatoes, b, so we must assume they take the sweet potato and sweeten it even further.

These people are animals.

'American chef' Americans know nothing of food, la, beyond their skill with beefburgers and barbecued meats.

I've just looked up 'candied yams'. They brush yams or sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar and top them with marshmallows. They then eat these with their main meal.

I'm not even joking

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/26482/candied-yams/

What is actually wrong with these fücking people?

Yes - that formed quite a large part of my argument. Candied yams are actually making me feel sick already

He was actually an Army chef - he does also do a decent bacon and egg bap, though

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You'll certainly get Barnsley, Huddersfield and Halifax.
    And still have a million quid
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar