Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, as it's Friday, I may drink tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise how smug that sounds, don't you?

I hope we both die.
    Yes, it's best not to mention it to too many people.

Just revel in how healthy and fulfilled we are as human beings now. Unlike people like Burney and Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think I prefer vaping now. It's handy it doesn't smell. definitely cheaper. don't have that heavy feeling on my chest and don't cough much.

The only downside is sometimes you can vape for hours on end without realising.
    My wife was vaping in bed this morning. I had to point out to her that she wouldn't have done that with fags, so why would she imagine this was OK? I don't want to be surrounded by the fug of vapour on a Friday morning, thanks. Not to mention the weird and unpleasant sounds the vapestick thing makes.

You realise how smug that sounds, don't you?

I hope we both die.
    It would teach you both a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, it's best not to mention it to too many people.

Just revel in how healthy and fulfilled we are as human beings now. Unlike people like Burney and Peter.
    I went out into the world the other day, which doesn't happen so often these days, and the sight of people smoking had no effect on me whatsoever, except to fill me with yearning for a Marlboro Light and deep depression for all those lovely fags left unsmoked

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I went through this as well, Charles. In order to drop some weight and being slightly concerned about the fact that I had a drink every day, I decided to do dry Mon-Wed. I assumed that once Thu night arrived I would steam in but found in fact that I was quite content with just one or two. I even cut back on Friday as well.

You find the less you drink the less you want to drink, however it doesn't make you want to stop altogether. You start enjoying the feeling of waking up after a good night's sleep from being entirely sober as well the sense of achievement and being healthier than before. Then on the nights you drink, your moderation allows you to enjoy it even more.

So win win basically. Well done, Charles. Keep it up.
    Sense of achievement resulting from not getting leathered the previous night?

Perhaps achievement is the wrong word but I do know where you are coming from, the ability to entirely function as a parent on a Sunday morning is quite nice. Not sure it should really be an achievement all the same?

I went out into the world the other day, which doesn't happen so often these days, and the sight of people smoking had no effect on me whatsoever, except to fill me with yearning for a Marlboro Light and deep depression for all those lovely fags left unsmoked
    Also, pal, before you get too pleased with the smelll of your own farts, just bear in mind that some of us actually had the willpower to give up fags yonks ago properly rather than getting by sucking on some synthetic nipple substitute like a big fanny.

Just saying
    Last edited by Burney; 10-27-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, and it will end in death. Everything does. The reaper doesn't care how many miles you can run, how long it is since you've smoked, how you no longer consume salt, or how few alcoholic units you have consumed. He will take you all the same.
    Oh, and it will end in death. Everything does. The reaper doesn't care how many miles you can run, how long it is since you've smoked, how you no longer consume salt, or how few alcoholic units you have consumed. He will take you all the same.
    Salt! What do fúcking mean salt! Am I supposed to stop with the salt now? Nothing will taste of anything anymore Fúck off world! Fúck off and leave me alone.

Also, pal, before you get too pleased with the smelll of your own farts, just bear in mind that some of us actually had the willpower to give up fags yonks ago properly rather than getting by sucking on some synthetic nipple substitute like a big fanny.

Just saying
    You were never a smoker, you big girl's pee hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Salt! What do fúcking mean salt! Am I supposed to stop with the salt now? Nothing will taste of anything anymore Fúck off world! Fúck off and leave me alone.
    There's nowt wrong with salt if you have functioning kidneys and no underlying blood pressure problems. It can exacerbate high blood pressure, but it doesn't cause it.

You were never a smoker, you big girl's pee hole.
    Fvcking well was. You only knew me on my second time around, when I usually only smoked about 10 Marlboro Lights a day (which I admit was pretty gay consumption). Between the ages of 13 and 27, I used to smoke a minimum of 20 Marlboro reds per day, with the usual doubling effect if I was on the p1ss or what have you. Proper smoker back then