Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, as it's Friday, I may drink tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm really starting to wonder where all this is going to end. A bloke in a meeting the other day was talking about someone smoking and he said, 'I mean it's not 1996 is it? Who even smokes any more?' and I found myself nodding in agreement.
    Hmmm. That bloke sounds like a bit of a cvnt, to be honest.

I'm really starting to wonder where all this is going to end. A bloke in a meeting the other day was talking about someone smoking and he said, 'I mean it's not 1996 is it? Who even smokes any more?' and I found myself nodding in agreement.
    Oh, and it will end in death. Everything does. The reaper doesn't care how many miles you can run, how long it is since you've smoked, how you no longer consume salt, or how few alcoholic units you have consumed. He will take you all the same.

It's no achievement, sw. Vaping takes all the pain away.

ty for your good wishes, though.
    How does one go about acquiring the starter kit? I'm worried about going into my local electronic smoking shop and getting the Mel Smith treatment in the Gramophone sketch.

It is funny you say that as I passed a few “vapers” on my walk in from Ranelagh through Stephens Green. As I passed them our conversation of earlier this week occurred to me and I mentally quizzed myself about how cool they looked.

To a man, as such, they looked odd as they sucked on a plastic looking device and then exhaled huge plumes of whatever, clearly not smoke. They reminded me, fondly in fact, of chaps with a hash pipe.

Except these people were vaping.

Good for the health, bad for the image. There is your marketing angle.

The thing is that I'm not particularly fussed. After two weeks of dry midweeks, I seem to have broken the drinking habit and I'm wondering, just wondering... if I didn't drink at all for a week, would I ever drink again?
    I went through this as well, Charles. In order to drop some weight and being slightly concerned about the fact that I had a drink every day, I decided to do dry Mon-Wed. I assumed that once Thu night arrived I would steam in but found in fact that I was quite content with just one or two. I even cut back on Friday as well.

You find the less you drink the less you want to drink, however it doesn't make you want to stop altogether. You start enjoying the feeling of waking up after a good night's sleep from being entirely sober as well the sense of achievement and being healthier than before. Then on the nights you drink, your moderation allows you to enjoy it even more.

So win win basically. Well done, Charles. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How does one go about acquiring the starter kit? I'm worried about going into my local electronic smoking shop and getting the Mel Smith treatment in the Gramophone sketch.
    My wife used these lads. Online, so you're spared bullsh1t. Of course, people (blokes) do get into constructing their own 'tanks' so they can billow out clouds of vapour reeking of cheap sweets. But that's up to you.

https://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

I think I prefer vaping now. It's handy it doesn't smell. definitely cheaper. don't have that heavy feeling on my chest and don't cough much.

The only downside is sometimes you can vape for hours on end without realising.

The guy in the shop I went into was a Welsh retard, but it was easy-peasy.

I can link you up to Amazon with the starter kit I use, but you'll still need to get the juice, so it's probably easier to go to the shop anyway. From the shop's point of view they need recruits, so they're probably fine.

Here are linkies anyway:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-End...s=innokin+t18e

https://www.ifancyone.com/product/pr...-tootin-juice/

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I went through this as well, Charles. In order to drop some weight and being slightly concerned about the fact that I had a drink every day, I decided to do dry Mon-Wed. I assumed that once Thu night arrived I would steam in but found in fact that I was quite content with just one or two. I even cut back on Friday as well.

You find the less you drink the less you want to drink, however it doesn't make you want to stop altogether. You start enjoying the feeling of waking up after a good night's sleep from being entirely sober as well the sense of achievement and being healthier than before. Then on the nights you drink, your moderation allows you to enjoy it even more.

So win win basically. Well done, Charles. Keep it up.
    You realise how smug that sounds, don't you?

I hope we both die.

avoid the kits you find in the supermarket they tend to fall apart.

a good cheap one you can find online is a Pocex Aspire.
    How much do you smoke a day normally ash? liquids usually come in zero nicotine low medium and high.
    i used to use the high but switched to the medium.