Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Old school poll, Awimb: I’m In the pub. Going up for a pint now (Aspall’s cider,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    thanks). What flavour crisps am I buying? This is the range:

Attachment 772
    Chorizo crisps, not just any beef but Devon Beef crisps.

The world is fúcked.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But sea salt is better than salt. and cider vinegar adds additional flavor to regular vinegar, more depth.

I know people like you and Ash hate change/progress with a burning passion, but the reality is that sea salt and cider vinegar crisps are a massive improvement on the traditional version.

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.
    Well everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you think sea salt and standard table salt taste the same I would suggest your taste buds need recalibrating. The same is true of cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar and regular old vinegar as well.

I take exception to this slur on such women. The council house tarts I first dined on tended to keep the velvet in pristine condition as they expected to be called into action at a moment's notice at anytime as it were.

The girl I mentioned with the garlic aroma that could level Tacoma could proudly trace her lineage back to french aristocracy and was reading philosophy at The Sorbonne

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I take exception to this slur on such women. The council house tarts I first dined on tended to keep the velvet in pristine condition as they expected to be called into action at a moment's notice at anytime as it were.

The girl I mentioned with the garlic aroma that could level Tacoma could proudly trace her lineage back to french aristocracy and was reading philosophy at The Sorbonne
    Yes, h, but you do have to bear in mind that, as a horny-handed son of toil yourself, your sensibilities were bound to be rather less delicate than mine at a similar age. You were almost certainly inured to foul stenches by your childhood clambering over bomb sites, father having his weekly bath in the front parlour, outside privies and spam for dinner.
    I was made of more refined stuff and thus ill-prepared for the reeking clunge of a girl who I assume to have been raised mostly on pies.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-27-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, was there a stout, yoemanly salt & vinegar under all that pretence? I missed it, blinded by foodw@nkery.
    I saw prosecco flavoured crisps this week, A.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Chorizo crisps, not just any beef but Devon Beef crisps.

The world is fúcked.
    I really don't understand why billtong hasn't caught on over here. It's by far in a way the best pub snack and you don't have to put up with beef flavour. You could have actual Devonshire Beef billtong.

Well quite b. Having been raised on tripe and onions, the cleft of venus would taste really rather delicate. And don't forget, the maidens in question will have been used to being prepared having been perpetually molested by their cousins and brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I really don't understand why billtong hasn't caught on over here. It's by far in a way the best pub snack and you don't have to put up with beef flavour. You could have actual Devonshire Beef billtong.
    Because it is fúcking rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well quite b. Having been raised on tripe and onions, the cleft of venus would taste really rather delicate. And don't forget, the maidens in question will have been used to being prepared having been perpetually molested by their cousins and brothers.
    Seems to me this thread could be the inspiration for an aspiring entrepreneur. Vag flavoured crisps! You have your council house vag crisps, Home County Public School crisps, French bourgeois crisps, etc.