Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kronke has caused a Twitter meltdown by describing the fans as rabid :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well Spurs made a net profit and they are the golden boys of the premier league. Liverpool spent about £40 million and are even ****ter than us.

The only clubs that have spent **** loads and have something to show for it are the clubs who are either still benefiting from financial doping or are simply much bigger than us.
    So the only ones who have spent ****loads and have something to show for it are the ones who spent ****loads?

I agree that spending more money wont solve the problem but that doesnt really explain some of the odd behaviour we have seen over recent summers. THe year we signed nobody, the year we signed nobody until Ozil on the last day, this summer when we refused to budge on Sanchez until the last day and then ran out of time. The year he left us with only a 19 year old as cover at centre back. THe three years in a row he had to act in January to get midfield cover after doing nothing all summer.

We have bought some good players but there have been glaring errors and a bit of a feel of indecision. One wonders whether wenger and Gazidis are consistently on the same page.

I feel that there’s something of the brexiteer about your position on Wenger. Your desire for change is little more than an instinct. You’re bored.

Looking at it like this, perhaps I should be a little more sympathetic.
    It is more that I have run out of faith in him, completely. Now I am convinced we cant do any better with him I am willing to risk the 'leap in the dark' without him.

That doesnt mean I dont still love him. Its like a wife whose cooking is never going to get any better. You get fed, you stay alive, but surely there are better meals out there somewhere.

The analogy is deliberately sexist, before you start

But my point was that your loss of faith is an instinct. How could it be anything else? You’re not an expert. Neither of us are. We’re just some ****s on a message board.

Though obviously some ****s are more equal than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is more that I have run out of faith in him, completely. Now I am convinced we cant do any better with him I am willing to risk the 'leap in the dark' without him.

That doesnt mean I dont still love him. Its like a wife whose cooking is never going to get any better. You get fed, you stay alive, but surely there are better meals out there somewhere.

The analogy is deliberately sexist, before you start

But my point was that your loss of faith is an instinct. How could it be anything else? You’re not an expert. Neither of us are. We’re just some ****s on a message board.

Tracing back through the conversation, its based on a balance of experience and his stubbornness. What he does has not worked for years and he isn't one for changing his mind.

Obviously 'faith' (and let us not start on that again) is never going to be a scientific calculation but equally I have not plucked it out of the air.

His sides will continue to have the same weaknesses and these will always sufficiently undermine the strengths to ensure that we never get beyond our comfortable 3rd/4th place which now seems to be the distant horizon of ambition rather than the comfort zone.

Brexit was a desire to undo a change, not the other way about; we've always disliked the Germans and the French.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Brexit was a desire to undo a change, not the other way about; we've always disliked the Germans and the French.
    And the Belgians.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And the Belgians.
    Everyone basically, that's maybe why we live on an island
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Everyone basically, that's maybe why we live on an island
    I think the major issue was that they constantly bickered with each other and we were sick of hearing it.

Obviously we had our own particular issues with the French (who wouldn't) and the germans sometimes turned up mob-handed looking for a ruck.....