Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kronke has caused a Twitter meltdown by describing the fans as rabid :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well, we both agree he’s been underperforming. So on that point the difference is only a matter of degree.

You believe the cause of this has been his arrogance and stubbornness. I would counter that both traits are essential in a successful manager and without them we’d very likely be doing even worse.

So I maintain, we are more alligned than you may like to think.
    Stubbornness is a weapon when you are right, an obstacle when you are wrong.

His problem is he keeps getting it wrong

Oh very good philosophy Peter
    Stolen ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I still apply the fine margins principle.

How many clubs of our size would have the chutzpah to claim they *should* have won the league in recent years?

Do you hear Liverpool or Spurs fans saying they gave up a golden chance to win it a couple of years ago?

No. And you should ask yourself why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Stubbornness is a weapon when you are right, an obstacle when you are wrong.

His problem is he keeps getting it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Oh very good philosophy Peter
    Stolen ?
    Given that Pedro has form for being incapable of original thought then yes.

I still apply the fine margins principle.

How many clubs of our size would have the chutzpah to claim they *should* have won the league in recent years?

Do you hear Liverpool or Spurs fans saying they gave up a golden chance to win it a couple of years ago?

No. And you should ask yourself why that is.
    I think you will find the answer here is in fact Yes.

They were arguably 90 minutes (less) from being champions and their fans that I know are fully aware of this.

I said should not could.

Our claims were couched in a sense of entitlement that we knew we were good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think you will find the answer here is in fact Yes.

They were arguably 90 minutes (less) from being champions and their fans that I know are fully aware of this.

I said should not could
    Yes, and most sane Liverpool supporters know they should have won it that year. They were in pole position as such and utterly fúcked it up. Don't forget how close they came, that one game at Anfield where SG memorably fell over.

Arguably closer than we have come since the good old days.

I said should not could.

Our claims were couched in a sense of entitlement that we knew we were good enough.
    Did anyone say we should have won the league? I think people (me anyway) have suggested we should challenge for the league more often.

I refer you back to my comment about your ability to follow a logical argument.

You don’t think we had the potential to win it two years ago and based on that potential and who eventually won it arguably should have capitalised on that potential?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Did anyone say we should have won the league? I think people (me anyway) have suggested we should challenge for the league more often.

I refer you back to my comment about your ability to follow a logical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Given that Pedro has form for being incapable of original thought then yes.
    Tough ****, arse face. All my own work.

So up yours you Weller-loving hunk of junk.