Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronke has caused a Twitter meltdown by describing the fans as rabid :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

We also had a vicar
    Rev F Bone
    Probably got broken quite easily

Mended by putting it in a Bracewell
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The easiest thing would have been to placate the fleeting, impulsive, toddler-esque demands of our fans rather than do the rational thing and deal with the subsequent flak

Cue you telling me that wanting change for a decade isn't impulsive. Cue me rolling my eyes and saying something disproportionately offensive about you. And so on and so forth...
    Nah.... I get their point. I was remarking to Red that it was as close as you can get in real life to a quote from Yes Minister.

In short, I found it amusing and, although to some extent illogical, reasonable.

This does mean you wont get to say unpleasant things to me (at least with any justification) and for that I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nah.... I get their point. I was remarking to Red that it was as close as you can get in real life to a quote from Yes Minister.

In short, I found it amusing and, although to some extent illogical, reasonable.

This does mean you wont get to say unpleasant things to me (at least with any justification) and for that I apologise.
    My favourite part was Sir Chips saying that we are the most over-achieving club in the PL when you look at points vs transfer spend. While this is true, this and talk of other 'objective metrics' is unlikely to placate the mouth-breathers we have as fans/small shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My favourite part was Sir Chips saying that we are the most over-achieving club in the PL when you look at points vs transfer spend. While this is true, this and talk of other 'objective metrics' is unlikely to placate the mouth-breathers we have as fans/small shareholders.
    Well done Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well done Dick.
    What's your beef?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The hardest thing for the board to do was see through the fog of fan disgruntlement and apply logic and reason to the question of whether or not Wenger was still the best man for the job.

You and I can both agree that this decision was informed by a safety-first approach. The point on which we disagree is not based on anything remotely quantitative, but rather our own individual (and entirely legitimate) inclinations.

Which is why so much of what is said about the board is totally ridiculous. The difference between their and your position is negligible.
    I don't know where to start with that nonsense, so I won't.

You're a creative type, I'm a logical type, let's leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It also ignores the most important point completely. Which is that the primary complaint isn't the value we get for our money, it's the refusal to spend more money and get more value when more value is so badly needed.

I expect Chip knew this, I'm not convinced you did.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It also ignores the most important point completely. Which is that the primary complaint isn't the value we get for our money, it's the refusal to spend more money and get more value when more value is so badly needed.

I expect Chip knew this, I'm not convinced you did.
    So what you are trying to say is spensumfaakkhinmoney?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't know where to start with that nonsense, so I won't.

You're a creative type, I'm a logical type, let's leave it there.
    Not logical enough to stop shelling out for a product you clearly consider unsatisfactory, though