Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kronke has caused a Twitter meltdown by describing the fans as rabid :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I still apply the fine margins principle.

How many clubs of our size would have the chutzpah to claim they *should* have won the league in recent years?

Do you hear Liverpool or Spurs fans saying they gave up a golden chance to win it a couple of years ago?

No. And you should ask yourself why that is.
    The margins are fairly fine, I suppose. I havent claimed we 'should' have won the league but you cant sit there and honestly say that the Leicester years wasnt a MASSIVE missed opportunity. In a season when all the 'big' clubs were ****e they sauntered to the league with 81 points. In previous seasons we have been capable of at least keeping in touch with that sort of total but we completely collapsed. We should have put in a strong challenge that year and we utterly failed.

You also have to accept that we are not getting better and dont look like addressing the difficulties we tend to suffer. He Ozil and Sanchez situation suggests the very strong possibility that next summer is going to be quite bad. Our transfer activity looks suspiciously odd most summers.

I am now at the stage where not even a tiny part of me has any confidence whatsoever that Wenger is capable of doing any better than a distant fourth, or maybe third. Leaving everything else aside, that is enough for me to want to give somebody else a go. I would happpily risk finishing 15th for the possibility of doing better.

In short, I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Tough ****, arse face. All my own work.

So up yours you Weller-loving hunk of junk.
    Really, is that what we have become?

Or, to put it in a way you might not be altogether comfortable with, you’ve had enough of experts.

The margins are fairly fine, I suppose. I havent claimed we 'should' have won the league but you cant sit there and honestly say that the Leicester years wasnt a MASSIVE missed opportunity. In a season when all the 'big' clubs were ****e they sauntered to the league with 81 points. In previous seasons we have been capable of at least keeping in touch with that sort of total but we completely collapsed. We should have put in a strong challenge that year and we utterly failed.

You also have to accept that we are not getting better and dont look like addressing the difficulties we tend to suffer. He Ozil and Sanchez situation suggests the very strong possibility that next summer is going to be quite bad. Our transfer activity looks suspiciously odd most summers.

I am now at the stage where not even a tiny part of me has any confidence whatsoever that Wenger is capable of doing any better than a distant fourth, or maybe third. Leaving everything else aside, that is enough for me to want to give somebody else a go. I would happpily risk finishing 15th for the possibility of doing better.

In short, I'm bored.

In short, I'm bored.
    You aren't suggesting that if you want to catch teams that finished ahead of you in the previous season and spent over 100mil+ each over the summer in order to improve their squads, that generating a net transfer profit might not be a good idea?

That would be some serious cutting edge thinking there, Peter old bean.

Or, to put it in a way you might not be altogether comfortable with, you’ve had enough of experts.
    I dont really know what you mean by that.

I would like us to fail in a different way next year, for the sheer variety of it. I think that says it best.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You aren't suggesting that if you want to catch teams that finished ahead of you in the previous season and spent over 100mil+ each over the summer in order to improve their squads, that generating a net transfer profit might not be a good idea?

Specifically, no, I wasnt. We could have spent 200 million in the summer and it would likely have made no difference. I dont even trust him to spend it in the right areas anymore so I dont think money is a solution.

We obviously had some money to spend yet in the 24 hour a day news cycle throughout the summer I dont recall us ever being linked with a midfielder when it is perfectly ****ing obvious that we are crying out for an improvement there.

I just dont trust Wenger anymore, in any aspect. Quite frankly I would rather we didnt give him a load of money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Really, is that what we have become?
    It was a childish response, that I will grant you.

However, you started it.

Well Spurs made a net profit and they are the golden boys of the premier league. Liverpool spent about £40 million and are even ****ter than us.

The only clubs that have spent **** loads and have something to show for it are the clubs who are either still benefiting from financial doping or are simply much bigger than us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Well Spurs made a net profit and they are the golden boys of the premier league. Liverpool spent about £40 million and are even ****ter than us.

The only clubs that have spent **** loads and have something to show for it are the clubs who are either still benefiting from financial doping or are simply much bigger than us.
    :sigh:

I feel that there’s something of the brexiteer about your position on Wenger. Your desire for change is little more than an instinct. You’re bored.

Looking at it like this, perhaps I should be a little more sympathetic.

I dont really know what you mean by that.

I would like us to fail in a different way next year, for the sheer variety of it. I think that says it best.