Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
I still apply the fine margins principle.

How many clubs of our size would have the chutzpah to claim they *should* have won the league in recent years?

Do you hear Liverpool or Spurs fans saying they gave up a golden chance to win it a couple of years ago?

No. And you should ask yourself why that is.
The margins are fairly fine, I suppose. I havent claimed we 'should' have won the league but you cant sit there and honestly say that the Leicester years wasnt a MASSIVE missed opportunity. In a season when all the 'big' clubs were ****e they sauntered to the league with 81 points. In previous seasons we have been capable of at least keeping in touch with that sort of total but we completely collapsed. We should have put in a strong challenge that year and we utterly failed.

You also have to accept that we are not getting better and dont look like addressing the difficulties we tend to suffer. He Ozil and Sanchez situation suggests the very strong possibility that next summer is going to be quite bad. Our transfer activity looks suspiciously odd most summers.

I am now at the stage where not even a tiny part of me has any confidence whatsoever that Wenger is capable of doing any better than a distant fourth, or maybe third. Leaving everything else aside, that is enough for me to want to give somebody else a go. I would happpily risk finishing 15th for the possibility of doing better.

In short, I'm bored.